Prospect Ranking #19

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%
6. Jeremy Bracco -- 31.3%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 40.1%
8. Calle Rosen -- 36.8%
9. Pierre Engvall -- 34.6%
10. Joseph Woll -- 30.5%
11. Eemeli Rasanen -- 37.5%
12. Igor Ozhiganov -- 23.2%
13. Semyon Der-Arunitsev -- 26.3%
14. Dmytro Timashov -- 32.3%
15. Filip Kral -- 29.3%
16. Fedor Gordeev -- 29.7%
17. Adam Brooks -- 29.7%
18. Trevor Moore -- 37.9%

Filip Kral
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Dakota Joshua
Miro Aaltonen
JD Greenway
Riley Stotts
Mason Marchment
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Mac Hollowell
Nikolai Chebykin
Pontus Holmberg
Vladislav Kara
Jesper Lindgren
Ryan McGregor
Semyon Kizimov

Martins Dzierkals
Ryan O'Connell
Zach Bouthillier
Eamon McAdam

Suggest who I should add next. :D

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Ian Scott has shown progress in the net and, yeah, well goalies are voodoo but he is clearly the second best goalie prospect in the system. The second best prospect at his position in the organization deserves to be ranked somewhere in the top twenty.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
What happened to Nielsen? I know his numbers dropped off and his play was reduced in part to older guys joining the team like rosen, marincin, dermott/borgman, etc playing his side, but could it have been that bad of a season?

I ask because he seemed pretty promising after a strong rookie season and he adds some size to our team and has played the right side as a lefty. I think he might have even been right side as a junior. I believe tsn even ranked his potential to Top 4 at one point.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What happened to Nielsen? I know his numbers dropped off and his play was reduced in part to older guys joining the team like rosen, marincin, dermott/borgman, etc playing his side, but could it have been that bad of a season?

I ask because he seemed pretty promising after a strong rookie season and he adds some size to our team and has played the right side as a lefty. I think he might have even been right side as a junior. I believe tsn even ranked his potential to Top 4 at one point.

People have in their minds that his skating is atrocious and unfixable. He just has poor defensive hockey IQ, and most likely will be traded by the Leafs at some point this year similar to what happened with Valiev and Rychel. Does not fit into Dubas' philosophy.

That being said, he should still be a top 30 prospect. He may even be able to slip into the top 25. He still has value as a more physical Cody Franson.

Reactions: TheScandal89

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
At this point, I'm starting a write-in campaign for the guy who dominated the prospects camp, Brady Ferguson. Feel free to join in one and all.

Reactions: hockeynorth

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Stotts was a recent 3rd round pick... do people think that we have 20 prospects in our system worth 3rd round picks or higher?? :amazed:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Stotts was a recent 3rd round pick... do people think that we have 20 prospects in our system worth 3rd round picks or higher?? :amazed:

I'd personally put him about 15th probably, but yeah, there a lot of middle-six, bottom-six forwards in our system, many close to NHL ready. Where else would you expect from a 3rd rounder this year to end up then? He's probably 4-5 years away at best. We've got a good half dozen forwards alone who are maybe 1-2 years from the big league.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I picked somebody else but was thinking about McGregor. Had a huge playoffs for Sarnia after their big guys failed to produce. Could be one of those guys that has a huge spike in points as a 19 year old because of so many guys graduating to pro leagues.

I'm a Kitchener fan so saw all of the games in that series they played and he was really impressive. Could be a plug and play 3/4th liner in a few years.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Tough call, even at this point. Beauty problem to have.
I’d have no problem with any of Joshua, Stotts, Marchment, Macgregor, Lindgren or Kral at this spot.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'd personally put him about 15th probably, but yeah, there a lot of middle-six, bottom-six forwards in our system, many close to NHL ready. Where else would you expect from a 3rd rounder this year to end up then? He's probably 4-5 years away at best. We've got a good half dozen forwards alone who are maybe 1-2 years from the big league.

This poll isn't "Closest prospects to the NHL'... I'd expect a recent 3rd rounder to be from 12-16 on a prospect list TBH...

My ranking is on who I think will become the better player...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad