Prospect Ranking #17

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%
6. Jeremy Bracco -- 31.3%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 40.1%
8. Calle Rosen -- 36.8%
9. Pierre Engvall -- 34.6%
10. Joseph Woll -- 30.5%
11. Eemeli Rasanen -- 37.5%
12. Igor Ozhiganov -- 23.2%
13. Semyon Der-Arunitsev -- 26.3%
14. Dmytro Timashov -- 32.3%
15. Filip Kral -- 29.3%
16. Fedor Gordeev -- 29.7%

Filip Kral
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Dakota Joshua
Miro Aaltonen
JD Greenway
Riley Stotts
Mason Marchment
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Mac Hollowell
Adam Brooks
Pontus Holmberg
Vladislav Kara
Jesper Lindgren
Trevor Moore
Semyon Kizimov

Martins Dzierkals
Nikolai Chebykin
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Eamon McAdam

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lindgren. Has been hidden in Europe, but had a very good season in the Liiga, and impressed in a 4 game stint with the Marlies.

Also like Adam Brooks, Ian Scott, Trevor Moore & Pontus Holmberg in this tier as well

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Lindgren. Has been hidden in Europe, but had a very good season in the Liiga, and impressed in a 4 game stint with the Marlies.

Also like Adam Brooks, Ian Scott, Trevor Moore & Pontus Holmberg in this tier as well

What about Stotts?

DowntownConnorBrown

Apr 28, 2018
just gonna point out that dakota joshua is a very underrated prospect didn't vote for him but he could be a 3rd or 4th line player for the leafs in the futre

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
The way people have turned on Aaltonen is incredible.

He was penciled in as 4c for this upcoming season and since he decided to go to Russia for a year, he's dropped like crazy

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The way people have turned on Aaltonen is incredible.

He was penciled in as 4c for this upcoming season and since he decided to go to Russia for a year, he's dropped like crazy
I think him being able to join the Leafs at age 26 minimum (since he's playing overseas this season) is making people question as to if he should be on the list at all.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I think him being able to join the Leafs at age 26 minimum (since he's playing overseas this season) is making people question as to if he should be on the list at all.
And yet Toronto signed par Lindholm at age 26 and he's being penciled in on the 4th line without have played a game in north America....

Igor Ozhiganov? Same thing.

It's amazing how much we love the new toy, vs the old toy, who went to russia for a year or two, for the better of his development.

Last edited:
Reactions: cookie

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I don't think anyone is arguing for Lindholm to be on this prospect list though.
Edited my post to add ozhiganov, who is in the same situation, and #12 on our prospect list... without playing a NA game. Again, penciled in many peoples top 7 defensive lists

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Edited my post to add ozhiganov, who is in the same situation, and #12 on our prospect list... without playing a NA game. Again, penciled in many peoples top 7 defensive lists
That's true, I personally didn't vote for him since I don't think he should be considered to be on the list.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
Voted for Brooks, but guess it is time for me to stop voting now I know hardly anything about the remaining players.

Growler

May 16, 2018
And yet Toronto signed par Lindholm at age 26 and he's being penciled in on the 4th line without have played a game in north America....

Igor Ozhiganov? Same thing.

It's amazing how much we love the new toy, vs the old toy, who went to russia for a year or two, for the better of his development.
It is not old toy new toy. Aaltonen is gone. He is not coming back. He could have chosen to compete for a spot on the Leafs but chose not to. Yes, the Leafs retained his rights, but he self-selected himself out of the prospect pool. As such, I don't look at him as a prospect. Lindholm signed specifically to come over like Aaltonen did 2 years ago.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Aaltonen is gone. He is not coming back.
Fact or speculation?
Komarov tried out Toronto for a bit, went back to Russia for 2 years and then came back to Toronto at 26 years old, and it worked out great. it happens.
Rassanen isn't coming back either than?

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Obviously, I just think Miro has intentions of coming back to the NHL.

More similar situation to Komarov than Rasanen
Obviously we don't know the situation, but it appears that Miro wasn't guaranteed ice time and didn't want to stick it out in the AHL. With the Leafs current centre/forward depth, why would he be coming back in a couple years? He will still have no guarantees when he decides he wants back in.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Aaltonen has intentions of coming back. At the same time he likely knew that he was going to end up in the AHL again and he decided to go for a better challenge and opportunity.

He should have been taken right after Ozhiganov. Whether you feel like Ozhiganov should have been higher or lower, Aaltonen really should have been right behind him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->