Prospect Ranking #14

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:

1. Timothy Liljegren -- 78.7%
2. Andreas Johnsson -- 86.2%
3. Carl Grundstrom -- 49.6%
4. Rasmus Sandin -- 86.2%
5. Sean Durzi -- 26.8%
6. Jeremy Bracco -- 31.3%
7. Yegor Korshkov -- 40.1%
8. Calle Rosen -- 36.8%
9. Pierre Engvall -- 34.6%
10. Joseph Woll -- 30.5%
11. Eemeli Rasanen -- 37.5%
12. Igor Ozhiganov -- 23.2%
13. Semyon Der-Arunitsev -- 26.3%

Filip Kral
Dmytro Timashov
Dakota Joshua
Miro Aaltonen
Fedor Gordeev
Riley Stotts
Mason Marchment
Andrew Nielsen
Ian Scott
Mac Hollowell
Adam Brooks
Pontus Holmberg
Vladislav Kara
Jesper Lindgren
Trevor Moore

Martins Dzierkals
Kasimir Kaskisuo
JD Greenway
Nikolai Chebykin
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell
Zach Bouthillier
Semyon Kizimov
Eamon McAdam

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I voted Gordeev. Probably will be much higher next year though.

Timashov and Kral are good choices here as well.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I get people liking Kral but since known of our prospects from this year have played since then I pretty much just go with our managements judgement and select them based on how we drafted them, so I'd put Stotts above him. Maybe not Hollowell though as from reading around seemed like a reach.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I get people liking Kral but since known of our prospects from this year have played since then I pretty much just go with our managements judgement and select them based on how we drafted them, so I'd put Stotts above him. Maybe not Hollowell though as from reading around seemed like a reach.

Kral was consistently ranked in the top 100 prospects for the draft unlike Stotts and Hollowell and his possession numbers and neutral zone play was outstanding. With more PP time Kral could dominate the WHL. He also played for the Czech's in the U20 WJC tournament which is quite a feat for a 17 year old.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Kral was consistently ranked in the top 100 prospects for the draft unlike Stotts and Hollowell and his possession numbers and neutral zone play was outstanding. With more PP time Kral could dominate the WHL. He also played for the Czech's in the U20 WJC tournament which is quite a feat for a 17 year old.
Yeah, Kral's got me really excited right now. I don't feel comfortable enough in my knowledge to vote in these things after the top 2, but I'm starting to get the sense that he might surprise a ton of people moving forward.

All I can say for sure is that it's nice to have a young, superstar NHL team, while at the same time debating who your 10th-20th best prospects are.

Insidefi

Sep 22, 2016
Alberta

So you are willing to say Stotts is better than Kral based on draft position but not Holowell?
I’m not doubting your personal ranking of prospects, just more confused at the logic?

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Trevor Moore is a high motor, two hundred foot player who is a sleeper pick to make the Leafs as soon as this season. He deserves to be ranked somewhere in this range.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
My rankings are how I view our prospects as assets. For the most part, I wouldn't trade a prospect for another one below him in this list.

List is divided into tiers

Tier 1
1) RD Liljegren [1]
2) LD Sandin [4]
3) LD Dermott [NA]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 2
3) LD Borgman [NA]
3) LW Grundstrom [3]
4) RW Kapanen [NA]
4) LW Johnsson [2]
5) LW/RW Korshkov [7]
6) RD Rasanen [11]
7) G Woll [10]
8) RD Durzi [5]
Tier 3
9) LD Kral
10) LW Engvall [9]
11) RW Bracco [6]
12) LD Gordeev
13) C Der-Arguchintsev [13]
14) C Stotts
15) LD Rosen [8]
16) LW/RW Chebykin
17) C/W Kara
18) RD Ozhiganov [12]
19) RD Lindgren
20) C Joshua
21) G Scott
22) G Zach Bouthillier
23) LD O'Connell
24) LW Timashov
25) C/LW Holmberg
26) RD Hollowell
27) C Brooks
28) LD Greenway
Tier 4
29) LW Moore
30) LW Marchment
31) RW Kizimov
32) C Aaltonen
33)G Kasimir Kaskisuo
34) LD Andrew Nielsen
35) C Ryan McGregor
36) LW Martins Dzierkals
37)G Eamon McAdam

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

That seems a little strange to me. Going with the whatever our management thinks until you decide you clearly disagree with them. If someone is going to use the management knows best approach that seems like an all or nothing decision, because if you're not going to follow that for Hollowell then it's fair game for everyone else not to follow it for Stotts.

FWIW I pretty much have Kral and Scotts as equal and part of that(very little) is taking into account management took Stotts first

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I look at the list and have a hard time calling Johnson a prospect, he is NHL bound EOS. Gordeev here, didn't Altonen opt. to go back?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Lindgren.

But I'd like to lobby for Timashov. I think he's just gotten stale in our minds as a prospect. He's a full pro year ahead of Bracco & Engvall and less than 6 months older than Bracco and 4 months younger than Engvall. He's more of an overall player and a more dynamic player whose game might translate to the NHL better.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What do you mean by best?

As in closest to the NHL and having the same or more potential than all of the other forwards on the board. The only guys who have more potential than him are guys like Gordeev, Scott, etc. but they are also really far from ever reaching that potential.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
As in closest to the NHL and having the same or more potential than all of the other forwards on the board. The only guys who have more potential than him are guys like Gordeev, Scott, etc. but they are also really far from ever reaching that potential.

Aaltonen is the closest to become a 4th liner in the NHL, he doesn't have much higher potential than that.

I'd say there are at least half a dozen forward prospects still on the board with much higher ceilings...

Stotts U18: WHL - 47GP 17G 41P
Kizimov U18: MHL - 30GP 6G 18P
Aaltonen U18: Jr A SM-liiga - 12GP, 3G, 8P

Holmberg U19: Div 1 - 36GP 7G 20P
Aaltonen U19: Liiga - 26P 1G 1A

Kara U20: VHL - 33GP 9G 15P
Aaltonen U20: Liiga - 32GP 11G 16P

Chebykin U21: VHL - 35GP 9G 20P
Aaltonen U21: Liiga - 60GP 13G 29P

Brooks U22: AHL - 57GP 8G 19P
Joshua U22: NCAA - 34GP 15G 26P
Timashov U22: AHL - 67GP 13G 34P
Aaltonen U22: Liiga - 57GP 16G 37P

Moore U23: AHL - 68GP 12G 33P
Aaltonen U23: Liiga - 58GP 15G 35P

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Loving our depth... At this point in the rankings, our prospects are less likely to make the show, but the potential is at least there.

Just looking at our forwards alone...
Stotts, Holmberg and Kizimov all have 'break out' potential
Kara and Chebykin have produced solidly in Russia
Brooks, Timashov and Joshua each have potential to be good depth guys...
Moore just had a U23 AHL season comparable to Hyman's U24 AHL season...

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
So you are willing to say Stotts is better than Kral based on draft position but not Holowell?
I’m not doubting your personal ranking of prospects, just more confused at the logic?

That seems a little strange to me. Going with the whatever our management thinks until you decide you clearly disagree with them. If someone is going to use the management knows best approach that seems like an all or nothing decision, because if you're not going to follow that for Hollowell then it's fair game for everyone else not to follow it for Stotts.

FWIW I pretty much have Kral and Scotts as equal and part of that(very little) is taking into account management took Stotts first
Yea meant to say if other people have Kral above Hollowell I'd be ok with it since lots of people think he was a reach/don't like the pick but personally those 3 would go in the order we drafted them.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Yea meant to say if other people have Kral above Hollowell I'd be ok with it since lots of people think he was a reach/don't like the pick but personally those 3 would go in the order we drafted them.

They were ranked very closes by CSS scouting, and Future Considerations had Kral about 30 spots higher than Stotts. Is it not okay to think they're close but prefer Kral?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->