Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #14

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 50.00%
8. Petter Granberg - 49.33%
9. Jesse Blacker - 25.78%
10. Jerry D'Amigo - 31.68%
11. Carter Ashton - 56.72%
12. Greg McKegg - 24.24%
13. Brad Ross - 24.21%

Tony Cameranesi
Spencer Abbott
Kenny Ryan
Viktor Loov
Tom Nilsson
Kevin Marshall
Dominic Toninato
David Broll
Ryan Rupert
Jamie Devane
Andrew MacWilliam
Sam Carrick
Garret Sparks
Connor Brown
Carter Verhaeghe

Andrew Crescenzi
Max Everson
Dennis Robertson
Eric Knodel
Fabrice Herzog
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #14

Suggest who I should add next :)

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Voted MacWilliam.

Mac/Nilsson/Sparks/Brown are all close followed by Abbott, Tony and Toninato.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Toninato...too much upside, despite not currently being the best player of the remaining prospects.

parker171*

Watch for Carter Verhaeghe to be near the top of this list in a couple years

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
How is Nilsson not getting more love?

Hes going to be an NHL player, book it.

There was a not very enthusiastic but quite detailed post about Nilsson by Aggen, who lives in the Mora area and has seen most of Nilsson's games. Here is the post:

"I've watched probably 90% of Tom Nilsson's latest 100 games. And I don't want to come off trollish or so, but Tom Nilsson's last year in the Mora jersey was a really rough year. He didn't do anything that stood out, like he had done in Mora in previous years, and it was more common that he made a bad call than otherwise. He had -11 last year, which was the bottom of entire Mora last season, compare this to Wikstrand, who had +9, and several more points.

However, there's (obviously) a positive side to him, most of you watched him during the WJC, and I think we all could see his potential. And his 11-12 season was incredible. I also think smaller rink could benefit him. You just gotta hope that the development of this guy takes the right track as it did some years ago, and during the WJC, then I guess he could have a shot for the NHL, otherwise, and looking at his past season, I gotta say I dont see any NHL potential in him, unfortunately.

Comparing him to Andrew Ference is hard, I havent watched that much Bruins games last years, but I take it he's a 2way D, unfortunately you're not gonna find Tom that much offensive I believe, his shot is quite rad, he can make some nice plays, though, but it was very few of those last season.

That's my 5 cents on the guy, hope people wont rage that much on the post. I havent read much about how how he does on the dev camp. I really really hope he proves me wrong, hes a great guy."

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Garret Sparks isn't getting enough love. Gonna be an NHL quality goalie one day

Yea, considering we're into the realm of longshot NHLer forwards/D, or guys with decent shots but very low upside... You'd think the goalie who's trending upwards and was a top 4-5 guy at his position in the OHL, went to the WJC last season in a position they only bring 2-3 guys per team for, etc. would get a bit more love from Leaf fans.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I'll vote Sparks here for the upside. I think Sparks has a small chance to be a #1 goalie, but I don't think any of these other guys have a chance to be a top line forward or top pairing dman.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Same here. Gave my vote to Nilsson for the last 5 votes. He really needs more attention.

Why does he need more attention? He may turn out to be a decent 3rd pairing guy that throw hits and gets under the oppositions skin, but I don't see why he's definitively above D'Amigo, Ashton, McKegg, Ross, and the others.

Granted, I haven't seen much of him outside of the WJC and what I've read from the scouting reports, so maybe you have some more insight from the games you've watched.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Watch for Carter Verhaeghe to be near the top of this list in a couple years

Definitely a skilled kid. It's just hard to take him seriously at the moment. He looks like a terrified 14 year old in camp interviews.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
I chose Broll. He seems like he could be ready next season on the fourth line. He seems like a very good fourth liner for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad