Proposal: Leafs/Blues Mock trade

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
8ish most likely. and they could easily get that kind of space with Johnsson and Kerfoot out
haha he'd have already signed in St louis if it was 8. Wishful thinking my friend. Toronto are in cap hell with those 4 fwd contracts

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Which means they both need new teams.
Which means they can both exercise their UFA rights. I’d do this deal as St Louis. It’s basically a mid first to take on Kerfoot. Assumes you’re losing Petro as a UFA.

Barrie walks in UFA. Doesn’t need to be part of the deal. It’s a lot for Toronto to part with to get a first at bat on Petro. But they do have 3.5mm in found cap space pushing Kerfoot out.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
This is terrible for the Blues, Start with Marner.
Woof. Maybe for a signed peitro. For a ufa that could be had for literally zero assets... this is either the hottest of takes, or you know literally nothing about how hockey contracts work. I'm assuming you forgot the :sarcasm:

LeafsCup2022

Sep 16, 2020
I am not sure what is worse...this ridiculously suggested trade proposal or the comments from Blues fans saying they wouldn't do it...LOL

Seriously, the Leafs are going to move a 1st and top 9 fwd for a pending UFA and the Blues are not going to jump at a 1st and top 9 fwd for a pending UFA that they can sign Oct. 9th?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I am not sure what is worse...this ridiculously suggested trade proposal or the comments from Blues fans saying they wouldn't do it...LOL

Seriously, the Leafs are going to move a 1st and top 9 fwd for a pending UFA and the Blues are not going to jump at a 1st and top 9 fwd for a pending UFA that they can sign Oct. 9th?

I don’t see what you’re missing here. We would probably all collectively rather have Pietrangelo signed at 8.5-9 with term as opposed to take on Kerfoots cap hit removing us from re-signing Pietrangelo for a first and Barries rights. Barrie is not a player I’d imagine the blues targeting with or without Pietrangelo. Kerfoot does nothing for us, the first is nice but even if this is for virtually nothing, it still excludes us from re-signing Pietrangelo.

I’m not saying this is a good deal for Toronto. But it’s a very dumb deal for St Louis.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Makes 0 sense basically means Leafs give Kerfoot and a 1st away for nothing

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
In the real world, when you sign your contract makes a difference. The contract he signed was 5 years ago. You think Gally will be re signing for 3.75 when his deal expires next year?

But Kerfoot isn't worth 3.5 now either. Even let's say we sign Gally at 7mil per(I think we'll get him at 6) is he even half as good or important to a team as Brendan G?

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
upload_2020-9-17_0-48-16.jpeg

LeafsCup2022

Sep 16, 2020
I don’t see what you’re missing here. We would probably all collectively rather have Pietrangelo signed at 8.5-9 with term as opposed to take on Kerfoots cap hit removing us from re-signing Pietrangelo for a first and Barries rights. Barrie is not a player I’d imagine the blues targeting with or without Pietrangelo. Kerfoot does nothing for us, the first is nice but even if this is for virtually nothing, it still excludes us from re-signing Pietrangelo.

I’m not saying this is a good deal for Toronto. But it’s a very dumb deal for St Louis.

LOL!

Right, I totally forgot that teams are limited to one trade each off season.

You are trying to tell me that its a very dumb deal for the Blues to accept a 1st round draft pick and a top 9 fwd (who they can trade if they don't need him and get another asset) for a player they can sign themselves in a few weeks? If they need too, they can free up cap space by moving/dumping Bozak. I'd personally rather have Kerfoot at $3.5 than Bozak at $5 anyway...

Either your an idiot or a troll, but this is by far the worst post I have ever seen on this site. Zero thought put into it...

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
LOL!

You are trying to tell me that its a very dumb deal for the Blues to accept a 1st round draft pick and a top 9 fwd (who they can trade if they don't need him and get another asset) for a player they can sign themselves in a few weeks? If they need too, they can free up cap space by moving/dumping Bozak. I'd personally rather have Kerfoot at $3.5 than Bozak at $5 anyway...

Either your an idiot or a troll, but this is by far the worst post I have ever seen on this site. Zero thought put into it...

you do realize that actual trades are a lot more difficult than just moving x for y right?

The main priority for the Blues this off season is re-signing their captain. This does nothing for that.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

I mean. If we took out Kerfoot I'd 100% do it if there is no way we could resign Pietro. There just is no room for Kerfoot on this team, plus I'm not a fan of trading for someone and then automatically trading him again.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
LOL!

Your wrong. The worst post ever on this site is the OP with the trade proposal.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I mean. If we took out Kerfoot I'd 100% do it if there is no way we could resign Pietro. There just is no room for Kerfoot on this team, plus I'm not a fan of trading for someone and then automatically trading him again.
Your basically getting the 15th pick to take on Kerfoot, in exchange for a player that you can re sign a month later. No GM would ever off that up, but likewise, no GM would ever turn that down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad