Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Blues - 8pm Tues Feb 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I would have been happy with this lineup... especially after the dud game.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Nylander- Matthews - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Ennis
Johnsson - Gauthier - Brown

Give Ennis a chance and let Johnny ease back in on his familiar 4th line.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
for anyone that was shooting down my Nylander for Parayko proposal during the holdout look for the big guy play D against the Leafs

Reactions: Al14

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Found a crazy stat.

The highest ranked Leaf in terms of PP/TOI P/G is Mitch Marner is 123rd league wide.

There are teams that have all 5 players with more ice time on the PP than the Leafs highest PP/TOI per game.

This is why people need to take points with a grain of salt. People here think MacKinnon is better than Matthews yet he's got nearly twice as much time on the PP and doesn't do as much damage on ES.

FOUR Avs are in the top 5 PP/TOI per game. They play four minutes and change every game on the PP. That is like 20% of their overall ice time.

In comparison, Marner, Matthews, Tavares, Rielly, Kadri all play 2 and change or close to about ~10% of their overall ice time.

In terms of pure minutes, Marner has played about 90 fewer minutes on the PP and is less than 10 points away from both MacKinnon and Rantanen.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
St.Louis has to lose eventually on this run and I expect the leafs to play a good game after the last one in Arizona. 2 points for the Leafs tomorrow night :thumbu:

Reactions: ktownhockey

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Even if we did, the Leafs do not play PP1 like a PP1. They usually split time with the second unit.
The players on PP2 probably really like the PP time to pad their stats.
Ideally in the playoffs PP1 is longer.
But wont help with Kadri on there looking lost most of the time.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Found a crazy stat.

In terms of pure minutes, Marner has played about 90 fewer minutes on the PP and is less than 10 points away from both MacKinnon and Rantanen.

The first unit only gets around 55 to 60 seconds to produce or they're gone..

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
The first unit only gets around 55 to 60 seconds to produce or they're gone..
Yes. No matter what, like when a penalty started at 1:10 left in the period and the 2nd unit still came on for the last 10 seconds. Its exhausting to think about it.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Yes. No matter what, like when a penalty started at 1:10 left in the period and the 2nd unit still came on for the last 10 seconds. Its exhausting to think about it.
Its baffling. Always has been. Just like the usage of the fourth line. Get scored on? Send em out. Score a goal? Send em out. Down 2 with 10 minutes to go? Better get them out there at least 3 times.

Rogue

Jun 21, 2017
This might be totally crazy, but I would start Sparks tonight.
We have nothing to lose and Freddy can rest for the trap games.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Must win game. Need to bounce back from the last game. Beat a hot team and send a message to the bruins. We can still get home ice advantage. Cant afford to lose many more games from here on out. Go leafs Go.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
St. Louis is back from the dead so this will be a tough game.

We should be going full out with 2nd place in the division on the line.
Start thinking of these games as mini playoffs as we battle Boston for that spot.

Reactions: glue

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Need a bounce back game.
If we lose cant wait for the post gamer from Matthews.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The overall concern for me is that the team has dropped out of a home ice playoff spot. Obviously it's only a point back, with a game in hand. Any loss is still a loss though (slight difference aside for OT/SO) and I'd rather they not be in a position to be scoreboard watching the likes of the Bruins and hoping for help.

Correct and the reason they are where they are now is due to loses to these weaker teams.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
St. Louis is back from the dead so this will be a tough game.

We should be going full out with 2nd place in the division on the line.
Start thinking of these games as mini playoffs as we battle Boston for that spot.

I wonder how this team takes loses to weaker sisters. Usually they bounce back but if it weighed on them, one would think that they do something about it the next time. Losing to the Yotes x2, Wings x2, AVs, Rangers, Panthers x2 may end up costing them home ice.

Reactions: Erdinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad