Proposal: Leafs-Blackhawks

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm a fan of both teams.

Pokka has more value then Holland. Chicago would lose that deal.

Chicago would do really well to steal Leivo from Toronto though imo. Babcock said Leivo had to have an amazing summer and work on his conditioning etc to be on the team, so we'll see if he does that but he produces really well. He has a great shot, works the boards well (rarely loses a battle) and is strong on his feet.

Great buy-low option.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
I'm a fan of both teams.

Pokka has more value then Holland. Chicago would lose that deal.

Chicago would do really well to steal Leivo from Toronto though imo. Babcock said Leivo had to have an amazing summer and work on his conditioning etc to be on the team, so we'll see if he does that but he produces really well. He has a great shot, works the boards well (rarely loses a battle) and is strong on his feet.

Great buy-low option.

The leafs are going to just hand Leivo away, he's still a young enough prospect to become a legit 3rd line scorer with size, something the leafs lack at the moment

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The leafs are going to just hand Leivo away, he's still a young enough prospect to become a legit 3rd line scorer with size, something the leafs lack at the moment

Has to clear waivers I believe and we have a massive log jam up front on the Leafs.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I think Pokka and 4th for Holland and Leivo is pretty fair value. They both could crack right away into lineup, Leivo could even get time with Toews if anything goes good.

We are lacking forward depth and you really can't find established and cheap forward with Pokka.

Mad Brills*

I think Pokka and 4th for Holland and Leivo is pretty fair value. They both could crack right away into lineup, Leivo could even get time with Toews if anything goes good.

We are lacking forward depth and you really can't find established and cheap forward with Pokka.

Is pokka waiver eligible?

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
All things I doubt that Pokka will crack the roster this year, considering he couldn't last year with a fairly weaker D corps.

2-7
51-4
Kempny-57

Does Pokka beat out anyone on the right side? not a chance. So the only way he might make the team is if Kempny ***** the bed (unlikely considering his KHL and worlds prowess in comparison to Pokka) and the Giraffe and Gustafsson are left to their own devices in rockford.

Not to mention the fact he will be expansion eligible next offseason, so can also take that into account.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Holland is going to have trouble making the Leafs. Only if Nylander plays RW, can Holland make the team as a 4th/5th centre.
It's Leivo, make or break year after being a Marlie for three years.
Marner, Brown, Hyman, Leivo, Nylander, Michalek on the right side, Lupul, JVR, Komarov, Martin, Greening on LW. Kapanen, Johnson, Leipsic, Lindberg, Rychel with the Marlies.

For the Leafs....hopefully someone(s) can break out and become good NHLers, instead of having a bunch of maybe Leafs, maybe Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad