GDT: Leafs @ Blackhawks 7PM TV. S/N

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Marincin??? LMAOO I knew it. Babcock is becoming so obvious now its not even funny. Babcock's infatuation with certain players is mindboggling and weird.

This is exactly what Red-Wings fans warned us about when we signed him

Reactions: PuckMagi

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Our defense looks like a legit joke with Marincin and Hainsey in it. This has to be the most garbage group of defenseman among Playoff teams.

This team needs a top 4 defenseman in the worst way possible.

Reactions: MarnerPeachFuzz

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Had to keep Mari because size at the expense of Carrick. I am not a Carrick worshipper or anything but we kept two crappy AHL D over an NHL #6. Figure that one out.

Marincin and "size" should go together. Tyler Ennis has more balls than Marincin.

How much yall wanna bet Marincin is gonna do one of this patented "grab the player by the boards with two arms" and takes a penalty?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
And Oziganov...dude you royally screwed up. How do you get beat out by Marincin?

I seriously dont understand why Oziganov played so damn passive and soft.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Marincin??? LMAOO I knew it. Babcock is becoming so obvious now its not even funny. Babcock's infatuation with certain players is mindboggling and weird.

This is exactly what Red-Wings fans warned us about when we signed him
Wings have been so awesome since he left too.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Let's relax just a little bit here, it's the 3rd game of the season! Marincin played well last year in the American League and hopefully that can lead to him playing with more confidence up with the Leafs.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
And Oziganov...dude you royally screwed up. How do you get beat out by Marincin?

If guys we get rid of for Babcock go on to turn it around and do well on other teams, I think Dubas should take full control of the roster.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011

Because he's new. He's probably not fully comfortable yet and I don't get how people don't understand this. A new player on a new team takes time to get used to, but a new player on a new team in a country thats furthest away from your home takes time to get comfortable. I don't know why we're sitting him this early

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Had to keep Mari because size at the expense of Carrick. I am not a Carrick worshipper or anything but we kept two crappy AHL D over an NHL #6. Figure that one out.
Yea I was actually pretty excited when we signed him in the summer cause I thought for sure Carrick was going to get an extended look, but I feel he just couldn’t get out of Bab’s doghouse

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Let's relax just a little bit here, it's the 3rd game of the season! Marincin played well last year in the American League and hopefully that can lead to him playing with more confidence up with the Leafs.

We’ve seen Marincin play like trash multiple times.

Nothing has changed. We need to upgrade our D asap.

Reactions: OVO16

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Marincin? Oh wow, this promises to be a very interesting evening to say the very least.

I predict a Leafs victory, but Marincin and Hainsey? You know things are pretty dreadful when those two are on yout top six.

I'm also not sold on Sparks. I think he's a very good minor league goaltender and nothing more. I doubt he'll prove me wrong, but it would be nice.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Lol right because that's clearly what I meant. No one is denying that Babcock is a good coach, but some of his decisions are stupid as hell
Clearly Babs loves him, that's why he played 2 games with us last year and was put on waivers....a huge fan.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Clearly Babs loves him, that's why he played 2 games with us last year and was put on waivers....a huge fan.

Marincin has played mutliple games with us and has been beyond garbage.

Why this dude is still with the Leafs organization is beyond me

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Marincin has played mutliple games with us and has been beyond garbage.

Why this dude is still with the Leafs organization is beyond me
It's a testament to our lack of D depth, and it serves as proof positive there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

Reactions: OVO16

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Perhaps the game is moving at such a pace now that it's no longer a good idea to let a coach decide on a roster. Perhaps we are now entering a new era where you need to have the group do the coaching. Perhaps our coaches need headsets like the NFL and coordinators.

I have no confidence in the lone wolf coach anymore in hockey. It's happening with every coach we have now.

Time to turn the page on traditional coach. It's time to have people spotting and relaying information in real time.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Marincin isn't as bad as the consensus here would dictate. And I've long said that Babs should rotate players on b2b's to get rested guys in there. So I don't have a problem with this move.

It does make one wonder why we gave up on Carrick though.

Reactions: biotk

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Damn calm down, It's probably a rotation thing.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'm glad that at least one of the extras is getting some playing time, before sitting a month and then coming in rusty.
Surprised it's Manincin not Holl.

I'm not a fan of Marincin but I feel he got a bad rap by Leafs fan. Back in January 2017, he was "OK" then he could injured.
I believe he played just one game before he was forced to come in and replace Polak in the Washington series. Yes he was poor in the Washington series but expect him to be put to NHL speed after a long layoff was unrealistic.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm pumped for this one. We've played down to our competition so far, hopefully the upgrade in opponent results in an upgrade to our play.

GLG!!

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
We have some cute Islander's fans coming into our GDT/PGT's liking negative posts about Tavares.

Seems (as expected) that they are still incredibly butt-hurt. Sad.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Personally I'd like to see Liljegren get into some games over any of Marincin/Holl/Ozhiganov.

I know it's best for him to play in the AHL right now but he's already better than all three of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad