GDT: Leafs @ Blackhawks 7PM TV. S/N

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hoping for a good game out of Sparks, Brown and Ozhiganov. Ozhiganov had a forgettable game yesterday but I think he is capable of much better than he's shown. Brown has been strong defensively, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more offensively. Same sort of deal applies with the 4th line. They've done well and have been buzzing but it would be nice to see them break through. Sparks having a good game should ease the tension on the backup situation for now as well.

Other than that, I just hope the defense has another strong game. Seems like they've been getting a lot of flak but for the most part I think it's been pretty strong... Especially at this point of the season. It has not been perfect, but as long as the offense and goaltending plays up to its capabilities most nights (last night, Andersen really let us down), then it should not be difficult for the Leafs to win the majority of games against anybody.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yeah.

Cup Contender, without winning a single round of the playoffs.

Tough enough being a '67er without all the outrageous hype going on.

Yep.

It's nuts.

And this time, there's no blaming the media - this is all on the fans who are going to be massively disappointed and have only themselves to blame.

Reactions: Liminality

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Yep.

It's nuts.

And this time, there's no blaming the media - this is all on the fans who are going to be massively disappointed and have only themselves to blame.

Yea, I'll be disappointed if they don't win a round. It's time. But I do think they can go far. What's wrong with being excited about your team?

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I’m hoping to be proven wrong tonight, but I’m sensing another loss. The matchup just feels a little scary to me. Sparks in net, Hawks off to a nice start in a year where they are hungry to prove themselves again. Could be trouble.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I’m hoping to be proven wrong tonight, but I’m sensing another loss. The matchup just feels a little scary to me. Sparks in net, Hawks off to a nice start in a year where they are hungry to prove themselves again. Could be trouble.

I sense the opposite, I think we could rout them tonight.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Who is thinking we are a cup contender? I just want to make it out of the 1st round.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The way on paper it looked like the Leafs should have won last night, hopefully the Blackhawks might think with Sparks in net it could be an easy time for them and he can prove them wrong.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I think we have as a good a shot as any, especially if we get another D. But obviously one step at a time.

We are not a cup contender. We are the easiest matchup for any team. All they have to do is dump the puck into our zone and forecheck. We don't have the defensemen or muscle to retrieve the puck and exit our zone. Thats why we spend tons of time just trying to exit our zone.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Leafs will end up with a better away record than home record.

Playing away wont allow Babcock to try to line match like crazy and puts the pressure on the other coach to try to matchup with leafs incredible center depth.

Leafs are going to win this one and I think JT/Marner will have big games.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Martin Marincin is entering the lineup.

He’s also playing the RHD.

So, this could be interesting

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Martin Marincin is entering the lineup.

He’s also playing the RHD.

So, this could be interesting
Wonder if they'll be rotating people in pretty often at the start to see how they do. See who meshes the best with Dermott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->