Marner: CHL champion, Memorial Cup Champion, MVPs for both
Nylander: WHC winner and Tournament MVP
Matthews: ROY in NHL

Everything coming up Milhouse.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I love how they all get along.

Auston Matthews is chilling out in California with Andersen right now I think.

All the trade talk speculation aside, even thought I like to do it too ...

In all seriousness ... the Maple Leafs management must be f - in crazy to make any trades that would upset the balance of this team with the youngsters.

The like each other, they believe in each other, they believe in the coach, they try to listen to the coach the best they can, and if management trades one of their buddies outta here, you just do not know how that will affect the team.

The youngsters listened to all of Babcock's coaching propaganda, and this is the reward they get, they get traded outta town. It may be your buddy got traded out of town, but it will feel like a part yourself trade outta town.

The youngsters could turn cynical. That would be a shame.

They could turn cynical just like Phil the Trill did. Although, that was probably justified.

:(

stymie

Oct 15, 2014
Imma let you finish but...who you cut your hair?
I bet Komarov had something to do with this.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto

In all seriousness ... the Maple Leafs management must be f - in crazy to make any trades that would upset the balance of this team with the youngsters.

The like each other, they believe in each other, they believe in the coach, they try to listen to the coach the best they can, and if management trades one of their buddies outta here, you just do not know how that will affect the team.

The youngsters listened to all of Babcock's coaching propaganda, and this is the reward they get, they get traded outta town. It may be your buddy got traded out of town, but it will feel like a part yourself trade outta town.

They could turn cynical just like Phil the Trill did. Although, that was probably justified.

I think Kessel turned sour simply because of constantly getting blamed for losing. The management made ****** moves and did not reduce the heat for the team when they needed it the most.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga

I completely agree with you. The psychological aspects of having a successful team are sometimes downplayed here, as they can't be measured.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Why did they make Nylander and Marner to shoot in the shootout? Didn't either of the coaches watch any leafs games last season? :D :D

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I completely agree with you. The psychological aspects of having a successful team are sometimes downplayed here, as they can't be measured.

A big reason for why I argued against some who hoped we'd tank this season. You want success when your core pieces are already on the team. It breeds emotional attachment, expectation of excellence. Things like that can by itself be worth as much as a chance for a lottery pick, especially in a year like this. And that's not counting that a tanking year couldn't happen with all our core pieces performing well.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
A big reason for why I argued against some who hoped we'd tank this season. You want success when your core pieces are already on the team. It breeds emotional attachment, expectation of excellence. Things like that can by itself be worth as much as a chance for a lottery pick, especially in a year like this. And that's not counting that a tanking year couldn't happen with all our core pieces performing well.

I feel that's something they were just guaging. If the team started off horrible they probably wouldn't have done overly much to right it. Pretty sure they were shocked just how good we were and said well now, if this is it let's go for it. I still think a step back with JVR and Bozak being moved while bringing in a good D or two would be a prudent move.

SweLeafsFan

Jun 30, 2009
Sweden
I think Eriksson-Ek was good considering his role.

Anyway...no more hockey to care about this season, what to do now?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Oor Wullie.

I get that reference.

oor%2Bwullie.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad