Post-Game Talk: Leafs at Buffalo 7:00 p.m. SN, SN1 {Post game Pg 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Maybe not, but what does change it is we have non waiver exempt guys looking like they earned a shot. Leivo as is looks like he has a good shot and just needs another good showing.

Dubas does not like giving up assets for nothing, that I know. He believes in converting anything and everything he can into something.
Not sure how Kappy and Johnsson affect Leivo? It seems pretty obvious both Leivo and Ennis are going to make the team, with one playing with Kadri and the other as the extra forward when Nylander comes back. On D all the waiver guys are on the RH side (Carrick and Holl). Babs seems to like Ozhiganov (me too), so that means one is likely the 7D and the other traded or put on waivers, maybe both if Borgman or Rosen earn the spot.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Really impressed with the determination and jam that guys like Moore, Clark and Brooks played with tonight. You can see why Babcock likes them. No fear going into corners, running into the slot. Marlies are going to be good again. These are guys who could be called up in a pinch for injury replacement. You can trust they are going to go out there and be somewhat dependable and bring energy every shift.

They aren't as skilled as other guys but they had an impact on the game.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
Basically he said he doesn’t care if Bracco scores every game, if he doesn’t eat right or practice hard he has no spot in this team over a guy like Hyman who’s the complete opposite
Then trade him to a team that needs an 82 goal scorer. Lol

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Man lawlin got his first dose of speed today, boy had no chance! If he was a leaf there would be 3 threads up on main boards right now, 1 for him not being able to play at the nhl level, 1 for him being overrated, and 1 for him choosing to play badly because hes unmotivated to play in toronto and wants a trade!

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
We field a balanced group among the two squads. JT line and Kadri line on one team, Matty and 4th line on the other. Matty's team has our starter. So it's not like we fielded an AHL lineup like Buffalo did the previous game.

Matty line missing Nylander and Aj-Kap are barely trying.

Buffalo should have had this one easy.

This pre season competition is an absolute joke and doing nothing to prepare the Leafs for the regular season. Send us Pens or something.

Reactions: BTP

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
For all the people *****ing about Kappy/ Lindholm/ AJ line, you guys need to realise that these two games they have been our #2 line going against
half decent lines from the opposition. They have no chemistry as is and being thrown out like that is just making them look like hot pile of garbage. Now, when we assemble our full lineup, they will be our 4th line going up against energy lines and AHL scrubs on other teams. This is where they will feast.

Agreed but no point in hiding the truth, they have not had a good showing to start the year. More so kappy id say IMO. Not really worried about having bad games.. but one of my favourite traits kappy has is he always hustled but this preseason he seems nonchalant. Im not worried about them at all but i do think fans criticising their play to start the preseason is warranted. Especially when we have so much depth. Even Trevor Moore is looking like a solid 4th liner.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Par Lindholm is IMO guaramteed that 4c role and deservedly so. Looks like a solid pick up i like his hustle and defensive iq.

Ennis besides the first period of the first preseason game has been very solid. Also a solid pick up.

Well done.

Im excited to see our full team or close to our full team in game 5 besides nylander. Matthews on a shift then tavares out the door then kadri then rotate and repeat and throw a little par in their...(droools)***

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Only preseason, if we are going by individual peeformance ...guys like Kadri and Hainsey wouldn't be on the team opening night.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
upload_2018-9-23_3-12-51.png

Crybaby eichel after losing to our B team

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Not sure how Kappy and Johnsson affect Leivo? It seems pretty obvious both Leivo and Ennis are going to make the team, with one playing with Kadri and the other as the extra forward when Nylander comes back. On D all the waiver guys are on the RH side (Carrick and Holl). Babs seems to like Ozhiganov (me too), so that means one is likely the 7D and the other traded or put on waivers, maybe both if Borgman or Rosen earn the spot.

They might go with 8 D to start the season likely keeping at least one of Rosen, Holl or Carrick. However I strongly doubt that both Carrick and Holl will make the team. One is on the way out.

Based on pre-season performance my guess is Carrick.

The top 7 right now are

Rielly, Hainsey
Gardiner, Zaitsev
Dermott, Ozhiganov
Borgman, ?
Rosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad