GDT: Leafs @ another Leafs home game in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
The issue with Andersen hasn't been those goals in isolation. No goalie should be expected to stop everything, and that's especially true with high danger chances.

I agree, however I was responding to a post specifically referencing the "first shots" in the Dallas game. So in this case, we are speaking about those goals in isolation.

Reactions: Jmo89

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Late to the party, but does tonight's result determine who starts in net on Tuesday?

It's going to have to get a lot worse than this for them to give up on Andersen as there starter imo

If he continues to struggle they will probably pull back on the amount of times he starts down the stretch but I'd imagine they want to give him every opportunity to sort himself out beforehand

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Playing on the 4th line with Speeza in between them.
Great to have a guy like Spezza for that. He'll be great for talking to them and explaining things. Wanted to see Clifford and Marchy together. Might before the night is out if Korshkov and Cliffy switch I guess

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Avg height in the bottom 6 tonight is like 6'4" haha wild. Can't even think of the last time we had a bottom 6 that big for a game. Be an interesting experiment. People still think Dubas hates grit?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
You’re being kind of nasty with posters today. Someone put something in your corn flakes this morning?
Why would you think I’m talking about his AHL stint? You give me pure sarcasm and expect roses. Lol.

His last NHL stint was painful.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
OH my oh my oh my.

I know MArchmant probably wont stick for the long haul.....but that bottom 6 is the toughest bottom 6 we've had in a long long time.

Here's hoping for some brawls and scrums tonight

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Avg height in the bottom 6 tonight is like 6'4" haha wild. Can't even think of the last time we had a bottom 6 that big for a game. Be an interesting experiment. People still think Dubas hates grit?

Decent backup goalie, some sandpaper in the line up. Perhaps Dubas realizes there were some significant weaknesses to his earlier approach.

Reactions: Nylander88

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I always wanted the Leafs to draft Tyler Benson instead of Korshkov, interesting that they are both hitting the NHL at the same time. Of course, DeBrincat was the cat to take ...

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
OH my oh my oh my.

I know MArchmant probably wont stick for the long haul.....but that bottom 6 is the toughest bottom 6 we've had in a long long time.

Here's hoping for some brawls and scrums tonight
Certainly is a different look.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Absolutely massive bottom 6. Hope the experiment goes well. Are the Bruins watching this game or something? Wonder why the big change up lol

Lol who knows... but with some of the young guys coming in with size and skill, and the young core having a solid year... if we can get a freaking rightie d finally at the deadline and our other d man get healthy... Leafs could be a team that does more than some may expect.

Of course their play the next 20 games or so... could go a long way in showing what they're made of come playoff hockey time.

Reactions: Nylander88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad