GDT: Leafs @ another Leafs home game in Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge

SIZE.

Wonder if both Gauthier and Timashov are out again tonight

Marchment had a monster two games against Binghamton. That’s the sandpaper I was expecting when he came up a few weeks ago. In his defence, he was coming off an extended layoff. I hope he plays tonight.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Love the title. :thumbu:

Tonight will be a tough task with the B2B and injuries + illness, but we desperately need something from this game, even if it’s just a point.

We play more upper echelon teams than Florida from here on out, so we need to beat up and get something from the lower tier teams we do play. Here’s hoping Freddy gives a standout performance.

Reactions: Vaive50

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Agreed. He looked a bit off to start the year but has been great for most part since.

He does look a little off the last few though. As a previous poster said, I wonder if it's the flu.
The Nylander experiment wasn’t a good look for his line as well. He has off games, I think we get spoiled. Good teams need secondary scoring to augment from time to time, can’t expect the money guys every night.

Reactions: Jmo89

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Thinking andersen can't turn it around and get back to his standard of play wouldn't be quite right. But his window is closing. Over the years he has been solid (above average, in stats, and always being one of the goalies facing the most shots) He just chokes under pressure and really hurts the leafs chances in huge games. Also shows inconsistency at times.

If that trend doesn't reverse down the stretch and into the playoffs that's when you need a change.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
The Nylander experiment wasn’t a good look for his line as well. He has off games, I think we get spoiled. Good teams need secondary scoring to augment from time to time, can’t expect the money guys every night.

Yeah, unfortunately Kerfoot's offence is stale, and Engvall seems to have slowed down. He's been struggling but I wonder if AJ would have got going. It still stings that Mikheyev is out as well.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Love the title. :thumbu:

Tonight will be a tough task with the B2B and injuries + illness, but we desperately need something from this game, even if it’s just a point.

We play more upper echelon teams than Florida from here on out, so we need to beat up and get something from the lower tier teams we do play. Here’s hoping Freddy gives a standout performance.

If we get that one point, we should be able to get the second but yeah I do believe it's not going to be easy, the Sabres have some good talent aside from Eichel, and Ollofson is back now.

Although this is not necessarily a "must win" game as we are 4 points up on the Panthers but I'm sure everybody feels the same as I do in that let's just distance ourselves from the Panthers ASAP so we don't pi$$ our pants every time the Leafs lose a game. That was a nice comfort of the last 2 seasons.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yeah, unfortunately Kerfoot's offence is stale, and Engvall seems to have slowed down. He's been struggling but I wonder if AJ would have got going. It still stings that Mikheyev is out as well.
Kerfoot has tailed off and England like you said. Just a nightmare year for AJ.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I'm trusting the team will play well enough. Andersen could be the difference between winning or losing.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'd take him stopping the first shot every period and being better than the other goaltender

Is that to much to ask for?

I suppose it depends on the quality of that shot.......a turnover leading to an uncontested walk in, a bad pinch leading to a breakaway, an uncovered Tyler Seguin from point blank range on the PP.

Perhaps I'm too forgiving, but those are situations that lead to goals more often than not.

Reactions: bax

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I suppose it depends on the quality of that shot.......a turnover leading to an uncontested walk in, a bad pinch leading to a breakaway, an uncovered Tyler Seguin from point blank range on the PP.

Perhaps I'm too forgiving, but those are situations that lead to goals more often than not.
If the team doesn’t give up breakaways at the first of a period that theoretically could help.

Reactions: bax

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Marchment had a monster two games against Binghamton. That’s the sandpaper I was expecting when he came up a few weeks ago. In his defence, he was coming off an extended layoff. I hope he plays tonight.
Unless Marchment has vastly improved his skating over the past month or so, he's a very bad NHLer. The guy is legitimately one of the worst skaters I've ever seen play an NHL game.

IMO, there is no reason for him to be given an opportunity to play tonight. He can't keep up to the play. It was bad enough that people I was with who don't follow hockey very much were asking about him.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Quit speaking for everyone, lots want him to fail. It pretty obvious too.
No kidding.

Leafs Board after 1st Buffalo goal tonight
201002010_lynch.jpg

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The positive thing, perhaps we finally have a 1A that can push Andersen, take the crease from time to time. He’s consistently been at the top of the league in minutes and shots, not an ideal scenario. If we’ve found a solid backup, then it’s a plus for a myriad of reasons. You want internal pressure.

Reactions: LeafsRus

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Unless Marchment has vastly improved his skating over the past month or so, he's a very bad NHLer. The guy is legitimately one of the worst skaters I've ever seen play an NHL game.

IMO, there is no reason for him to be given an opportunity to play tonight. He can't keep up to the play. It was bad enough that people I was with who don't follow hockey very much were asking about him.
His last stint was painful.

Reactions: smitty10

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
If the team doesn’t give up breakaways at the first of a period that theoretically could help.
Someone let me know last night that our inexperienced defence corps was now an acceptable excuse to use. But I think it's only for when Campbell is in net.

I'll try to get clarification

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Strange how you always get unhinged and impart things that don’t exist. If you actually think some don’t root for Andersen to fail, I suggest you don’t know this place or any other fan sites. I mean wake the eff dude and don’t be so narcissistic you think every comment made speaks directly to you. My point stands. Cheers.

I'm not going to bother with the unhinged or narcissistic thing, I don't need to call you names to make a point

You can't defend Andersen because he's been bad, accuse people on the board of wanting him to fail with the worst possible motivation, and no evidence to back it but "board malevolence" the get emotional and start name calling when you get caught doing it

But sure, the board is full of horrible haters who just love watching Leafs players fail as it flushes our season down the toilet

He's been worse than league average every month of this season besides November (where he was world class good) and his expected goals numbers blow, so you can blame the guys in front of him but he's been objectively bad

I expect him to be better than that, he is better than that usually

Reactions: LeafsRus and ToMaLe

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I’ll speak for everyone on the planet and say that there isn’t a leafs fan in existence that wants Freddy to fail.
If you think that people criticizing Freddie for poor play means the same as hoping he fails and we lose games then you are nuts. Honestly get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad