GDT: Leafs and Wings at the Louis - 7:30 start on LeafsTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
It seems odd that Fraser and Ranger are paired up and Gardiner and Franson are too and again Liles is not playing.

Pure speculation here, but maybe there is a trade in place for Liles. Maybe to a team where they have a player that has to go on the Long Term Injury List so the trade can't happen until after the season starts?

Maybe more hoping than speculating :naughty:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Should be a good game as both teams have near starting line-ups tonight.

Leafs really have to slow down on the give-aways as the Wings will make them pay.

Penalty Kill Icing*

3 games ago it sucked then they changed something
2 games ago it was great using the Android OS then they changed something
Last game it sucked...
.Now just a memory?:help:

Can you be more specific? Did it not work on Android?

Asif16*

Glad to see my man Orr back.

Even though its sucks he has to come back against detroit of all teams. Detroit has no one that can stand up to orr. Wanted to see orr drop em.

Comng back against the sens or Buff would ave been nice

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
3 games ago it sucked then they changed something
2 games ago it was great using the Android OS then they changed something
Last game it sucked...
.Now just a memory?:help:

They switched to using the VLC plugin instead of the old java ones. It's so much better for me now. Quality is fantastic and it runs with less hangups.

There's a beta app for VLC you can get for android that will probably get it to work on your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon&hl=en

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Reddit's r/hockey has a great setup for streaming games(all teams) directly through the VCL media player, showing every game. If you pm me your email I can forward you the instructions for setting it up(it's like 2 steps and only takes a minute).

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They switched to using the VLC plugin instead of the old java ones. It's so much better for me now. Quality is fantastic and it runs with less hangups.

There's a beta app for VLC you can get for android that will probably get it to work on your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videolan.vlc.betav7neon&hl=en

Thanks, I use a tablet, blackberry playbook. Anyway I've been to Google store a few times and always get the message, not available for my OS. In short if I can't get it from BlackBerry apps I'm buggered. Oh well there's always radio.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Reddit's r/hockey has a great setup for streaming games(all teams) directly through the VCL media player, showing every game. If you pm me your email I can forward you the instructions for setting it up(it's like 2 steps and only takes a minute).

Wow, awesome option :)

But is GCL really streaming pre-season games?

If this works, the only downside is it requires a lot of CPU power, mine is around 30-40% loaded when watching it on VLC... not a fancy CPU but its still a quadcore.

Last edited:

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
Nice to see Broll getting another look. I agree with previous posters arguing him vs. Devane. IMO, he hasn't impressed as much as Devane has, but at this point in time he appears to have a better skillset to play with, in regards to skating and puck skills. Randy may simply feel that he could trust Broll more than Devane at this point.

Another thing to consider is that Broll has the 4th lowest NHL caphit (less than 600k) on their entire reserve list (behind Marshall, Crescenzi, and Trevor Smith)and his cap hit is more than 100k lower than Devane's. So that too, may play a part in his continued presence

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
The ourleafs blogspot it a-ma-zing. Stellar quality in the last three games I've seen. Props to whoever is behind that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Toronto Maple Leafs renew rivalries with Daniel Alfredsson and the Detroit Red Wings tonight, and two faces make their pre-season debut.

Cody Franson will see his first game action tonight, as he begins his road towards that long-term contract he seeks. After a hold out that kept him out of camp until Thursday, he looks to prove last season was no fluke.

The Sheriff, Colton Orr also returns to the lineup tonight, and will hope to put a beating on the Red Wings. Jonathan Bernier will look to match his first start, perhaps without the fighting, as he continues the battle with James Reimer for the starting job.

Game number 7 of the pre-season, Leafs, Red Wings NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad