Too much Pressure!
Oct 23, 2011
Halifornia
TeamBernier_zps60fcafa0.jpg

:handclap:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Carlyle said that he expects both teams to dress their opening night lineups tonight.

Rielly not playing. Bernier starting.

I don't put alot of weight on that in terms of goalies. Forwards and defense, yes.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 56s

Leafs have gotten a long look at Carter Ashton and David Broll. 6th game tonight for Ashton, 5th for Broll. Chance both make the team.

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Carlyle said that he expects both teams to dress their opening night lineups tonight.

Rielly not playing =/= Rielly not making the team. Not saying that's what you're saying, just saying that he could make the team for his 9-gamer in a similar way to how Pietro made the Blues a few years ago, getting time between games to practice and learn the pro game before going back down. Playing your first NHL game, opening night in Montreal is a very heavy thing, and I could see Randy waiting until Philly or even back home agaisnt Ottawa to let him play his first game.

I think playing him in 9 of the first 15-18 games, which would give him a month and a half in the NHL and have him back in Junior by Nov 15 would be a great learning experience for him. If he impresses and earns a spot that would be great too, but if he's only going to be here for the 9 games, keep him as long as possible.

Also, re: Kadri... Why does it matter where he's playing? He's going to get his minutes, and if this is what's best for the team, why do we need to stroke his ego? Having 3 lines capable of scoring wears out the opposing defence = more opportunity for each line to score. At the end of the day, we want the team to succeed first, and then player success second, no? If we can have 9 players scoring 40+ points (or close to) in the top 9, that would be incredible!

Last edited:

Kuleeee

Jul 5, 2010
Ottawa
Why are Broll/Lupul/Ashton not switched? Doesn't it make more sense like this:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Naz - Raymond
Ashton - Bolland - Kulemin
Broll - McLement - Orr

??

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Why are Broll/Lupul/Ashton not switched? Doesn't it make more sense like this:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Naz - Raymond
Ashton - Bolland - Kulemin
Broll - McLement - Orr

??

I'm wondering the same. It makes no sense to have Lupul with Bolland and Broll with Kadri. No sense. Lupul and Kadri especially have tremendous chemistry.

The lineup you posted is a lot better and makes more sense. I hope Carlyle is just testing Broll in different roles because...

Kuleeee

Jul 5, 2010
Ottawa
I'm wondering the same. It makes no sense to have Lupul with Bolland and Broll with Kadri. No sense. Lupul and Kadri especially have tremendous chemistry.

The lineup you posted is a lot better and makes more sense. I hope Carlyle is just testing Broll in different roles because...

I really hope we see Ashton all season and that Broll has a role for the first 10 games. These guys want nothing more than to be in the NHL and will do whatever it takes.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1h

Carlyle says he expects both Leafs and Wings to dress close to their opening night roster tonight.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

It's preseason for god's sake.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's preseason for god's sake.

Pre-season is almost over. It's not a BIG deal but I'd rather have my top players playing with each other instead of seeing if Broll could maybe take a shift with our best center...

Seems pointless but I guess it is the time to do these things.

Hopefully we don't see Broll in that top 6 during the year this year. I like him but his skill level is quite underwhelming right now.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
What's chemistry?

Doesn't really go away unless you're trying to create new chemistry. Kadri/Lupul know each other fairly well. Bottom 6, and specifically the 4th line doesn't need as much time to gel as their shifts are system based much of the time rather than driven by creativity.

Kuleeee

Jul 5, 2010
Ottawa
Doesn't really go away unless you're trying to create new chemistry. Kadri/Lupul know each other fairly well. Bottom 6, and specifically the 4th line doesn't need as much time to gel as their shifts are system based much of the time rather than driven by creativity.

I just believe that there can never be too much time to create chemistry I suppose.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Pre-season is almost over. It's not a BIG deal but I'd rather have my top players playing with each other instead of seeing if Broll could maybe take a shift with our best center...

Seems pointless but I guess it is the time to do these things.

Hopefully we don't see Broll in that top 6 during the year this year. I like him but his skill level is quite underwhelming right now.

You need to relax. Carlyle knows what he's doing.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
They were just saying on the Leafs TV Pre-Game Show, that Bernier is playing in-goal tonight and Reimer will likely play in tomorrow nights game, thus alternating the Goal Tenders and they are still considering the Goal Tenders as 1a and 1b, it would however set up Bernier to play opening night and both would want to play that game.

I for one am glad that they aren't picking a #1 goal tender and both are going to get their chances in the net, I believe we have a great young goal tending tandem and wouldn't be afraid to play either one.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Site hasn't loaded for me for a while. I have to use firstrow lately.

Did you try it today/yesterday? I suspect you are using Chrome. Takes a bit longer with Chrome, but works fine.

Clearing cache or resetting some settings might help.

We are still trying multiple solutions, but no luck fixing the problem yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad