GDT: Leafs and Wings at the Louis - 7:30 start on LeafsTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Good job on thread title. At least we won't have the obligatory: What network is the game on? Or, its 7:15 yet why hasn't the game started?

Interesting to see who starts in net tonight.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I've always liked Detroit and I'm really excited that we're in the same division. Allons-y Leafs!

Yeah I'm pretty pumped to have them in our division. Moreso now that they are gonna be moving on to a decline for the next couple years.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Will be nice to have the Detroit-Toronto rivalry back. We had some good moments back in the days, would be sick to see a playoff series against them.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah I'm pretty pumped to have them in our division. Moreso now that they are gonna be moving on to a decline for the next couple years.

I think the only disappointment for me is that, we'll never have a Leafs/Wings final. (dream match up).

Basically though the year we win the cup, I just see us going through Boston, Montreal, Wings, and then the Blackhawks.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I'll be at the game tonight. Hoping to see Bernier get the nod. Also, I'd like to see Rielly play, but would settle for the vast majority of the opening day roster, minus Kessel of course.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'll be at the game tonight. Hoping to see Bernier get the nod. Also, I'd like to see Rielly play, but would settle for the vast majority of the opening day roster, minus Kessel of course.

but Rielly will probably play Opening Night (nine games try out, and all, right?)

I hope so too. (re: opening night roster). I want to get the GDT finished this weekend, lmao and Carlyle makes it difficult to persume!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
but Rielly will probably play Opening Night (nine games try out, and all, right?)

I hope so too. (re: opening night roster). I want to get the GDT finished this weekend, lmao and Carlyle makes it difficult to persume!

True, on Rielly.

I just hope we win, as drunk Wings fans are beyond obnoxious after they win. I hate seeing games there as a Leafs fan.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
True, on Rielly.

I just hope we win, as drunk Wings fans are beyond obnoxious after they win. I hate seeing games there as a Leafs fan.

You have no sympathy from me LOL. We're Leaf fans we're the leaders when it comes drunk obnoxiousness, just get drunk yourself and give it back.

leafstilldeath*

Tonight @ 7:30

barque-chicken-wings-kevin-hewitt-jill-chen.jpg

Tonight's menu:
Red Wings (New)*

* Joining the Atlantic menu

Bon Appetit! Leafs Nation

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs Begin Home-And-Home With Wings

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/leafs-begin-home-and-home-with-wings/

The Maple Leafs preseason action continues in the Motor City tonight (7:30pm Leafs TV, TSN1050 Radio) in the first of a back-to-back against the Wings.

Toronto is coming off a 3-2 loss to the Senators on Tuesday which was the Leafs first in regulation during the preseason. The Leafs have put together a 4-1-1 record throught the first six preseason games. This will be the Leafs final road preseason game before the regular season opens in Montreal next Tuesday.

After signing a one-year contract on Thursday morning, Cody Franson is expected to play in his first preseason game tonight. There is also a chance that Dave Bolland and Colton Orr could both return to the lineup this weekend. Bolland has been dealing with a groin injury while Colton Orr has been out the entire preseason with a bone bruise.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
You have no sympathy from me LOL. We're Leaf fans we're the leaders when it comes drunk obnoxiousness, just get drunk yourself and give it back.

Remember the HNIC game a few years ago with the crazy crowd fight?
Yeahh.... that started because some a-hole threw a beer at my cousin after we scored. Needless to say, opposing fans are only safe in Detroit at Tigers games.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Remember the HNIC game a few years ago with the crazy crowd fight?
Yeahh.... that started because some a-hole threw a beer at my cousin after we scored. Needless to say, opposing fans are only safe in Detroit at Tigers games.

I've been to many Leafs games (and others) at JLA, and never had a problem as a Leafs fan. I've say both in the bowl, and back when my Dad worked at Hiram Walker's in their suite. I have thought seen and heard of my fair share of fights in the stands.

No fans are better/worse than any other. I went to Carolina for the conf finals in 2002 and some drunk Leafs fan was trying to fight a couple different people in the parking lot after the game. Just had to shake my head at the idiot.

If you behave yourself, there shouldn't be a problem. If you get obnoxious and over do it, you are asking for a problem.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Here is a general Leafs/Wings question..... not sure if anybody knows, but I was curious:

Back when they played on a regular basis against each other, the Leafs usually flew into Windsor, and just bussed it over to Detroit, and would stay in Windsor if necessary.

Does anyone know for sure, if the Leafs currently would fly into Windsor? It sure is a lot closer to the JLA, than Detroit Metro, and only a 40 min or so flight. Probably easier to clear customs via bus than a plane too?

Also, I think they used to try to stay in Canada as much as possible.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
The lineups that we see this game and our last will likely indicate what kind of roster we will be seeing opening night, can't wait to see who's playing.

Also I'm done work at 7, so home in time for the game :vhappy:

APV

Sep 28, 2009
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 3m
Leaf lines vs detroit : jvr-bozak-clarkson. Broll-kadri-raymond. Lupul-bolland-kulemin. Ashton-mcclement-orr. Tmltalk

Whyyyyyy Randy

Wish he would start getting the chemistry going for game one...

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Leaf lines vs detroit : jvr-bozak-clarkson. Broll-kadri-raymond. Lupul-bolland-kulemin. Ashton-mcclement-orr. Tmltalk

David Alter @DavidAlter590
leafs lines: JVR-Bozak-Clarkson, Lupul-Bolland-Kulemin, Broll-Kadri-Raymond, Ashton-McClement-Orr, Devane-Colborne-Kessel, Leivo-smith-Bodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad