Eklund Rumor: Leafs and Pens in on Vanek

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Eklund has the leafs and Pens in on Vanek with the Pens being the favourites.

you think Eklund might actually get one right? it wouldn't surprise me if Vanek ended up on the Pens.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Vanek doesn't seem to fit what the Leafs are doing. I'd be surprised if he ended up there.

Reactions: ThewThew

SpaceCowboy

Feb 2, 2012
It has been confirmed that Eklund does in fact have sources.

They're just super bad sources. Anything he drops it's already been dropped by the local beat writer, or a proven Insider from TSN/Sportsnet/RDS/Fox/ESPN.

That being said, he includes Toronto in nearly everything. So likely, Toronto isn't targeting Vanek.

He does this a lot with Philly as well, as he does indeed have a connection to Philly, but, again, the sources of local Philly coverage usually drop the rumour well before Eklund.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
doesn't make sense for vanek to come to toronto or pittsburgh. babcock likes hard working guys, idk if vanek is that and pens want speedy guys, idk if vanek is that either

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
How does Vanek make any sense for the Penguins? They need a center, this is their current lineup when healthy:

Sheary-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Sheahan-Kessel
Simon-Rowney-Reaves

Where does Vanek fit in here? On the 4th line?

Reactions: Extra Texture

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
[MOD]

It would be idiotic for Toronto to trade for Vanek. Management would have to be completely unplugged from the team, and the season they are having, to consider such a move. It would show a complete lack of understanding of the teams roster, performance, needs, depth, and direction.

For [MOD] Toronto to even think of such a move would be proof that they have no idea what they're doing, or what they're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: indigobuffalo

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Sweet. I think an veteran winger is EXACTLY what the Leafs need to push for the cup....

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
depends on what the cost is
He had a really hard time when traded at the deadline to Montreal a few years ago

That's true, but that's not the same thing in my opinion, this is the Pens, when he went to the habs there was no Crosby, no Malkin, no Kessel, no Letang, no Hornquivat etc

the talent level was not, and is not even close to the same thing

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's true, but that's not the same thing in my opinion, this is the Pens, when he went to the habs there was no Crosby, no Malkin, no Kessel, no Letang, no Hornquivat etc

the talent level was not, and is not even close to the same thing

He's not going to be playing with Crosby, Malkin or Kessel, though. If he comes in, he'll likely not be higher than the 4th line, because the Penguins top-9 LWers (Guentzel, Hagelin and Sheary) aren't going to be displaced for Vanek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad