Speculation: Leafs and Habs interested in Josh Anderson (CBJ).

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jake Gardiner + Josh Leivo or Connor Brown + Conditional Pick for Josh Anderson + David Savard

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
How about: (at the deadline)

To Columbus - Jeff Petry, Andrew Shaw

To Montreal - Josh Anderson, 2019 1st round pick.

Columbus strengthens the right side on defense and add some cup winning experience with Shaw, while the Habs pick up some much needed size up front, and add a first for the rebuild.

Close?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
How is a team without a #1 C in a win now mode? I think Dubois could get there eventually, but he's not yet. And um.. you aren't going to tell me Wennberg is are you?
No, I'm going to say they are in win-now mode with the centers as they are.

The team believes as constructed it is close to contending. Hence why Panarin and Bob have been kept for the season rather than traded for futures.

Also this is from the GM himself rather than a fan's opinion of where the team is at.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Assuming Nylander's asking too much I wonder is Anderson is the type of guy they'd role with in the top six in his absence.

Would a deal like Nylander and a warm body for Anderson, Carlsson and Peeke make sense for both teams?

It'd be a massive hit for Columbus' defensive prospect depth, but they'll also have Panarin's return to potentially anything lost in this deal. Toronto, on the other hand gets Carlsson, a close to NHL-ready shut-down type D they're hoping to find plus Andrew Peeke, a good quality college D prospect to add to their right side.
Hell no.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
How about: (at the deadline)

To Columbus - Jeff Petry, Andrew Shaw

To Montreal - Josh Anderson, 2019 1st round pick.

Columbus strengthens the right side on defense and add some cup winning experience with Shaw, while the Habs pick up some much needed size up front, and add a first for the rebuild.

Close?
Nope. Shaw really doesn't do much to help the roster as currently constructed--we have at least 3-4 players that bring the same sort of game as a 30 point bottom six player already (Dubinsky, Nash, Foligno, Jenner). I'm also not concerned about our defensive personnel at all--we have Jones, Nutivaara, and Savard on our right side when healthy with Clendening/Harrington as a 7D. I'm sure at the deadline Petry will have a ton of value, but I can't see, barring catastrophic injuries, Columbus acquiring him. We also need the dimension Josh Anderson brings to our forward group from a size and speed element on the RW.

What we need is more gamebreaking scoring talent, which we're unlikely to get from a trade in general. I think it's supremely unlikely they trade Anderson, but if he (or more likely, Bjorkstrand) were available in a trade, we would need an upgrade regarding gamebreaking scoring ability coming back. That's obviously something Montreal doesn't have a lot of and can't afford to give up. We could also use some better coaching, but the organization doubled down on Torts and the bad results of his current assistants this offseason, so we'll just have to keep dealing with incompetent special teams coaching.

Can we close this thread anyway? Ferris has come out refuting the fake story Kypreos ran last night. Anderson is not unhappy with his ice time, he was moved "down" a line last night because he can carry a line with his aggressive play, speed, and shooting/scoring ability. There's nothing to see here, and even less to see for a return from either of Toronto or Montreal.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
1) I'm not a Leafs fan.
2) You're being ridiculous and you know it.
3) Anderson isn't worth Nylander, and I'm going to assume you know that as well.
4) Nothing else needs to be said besides #2 and #3.
1. K
2. Im being fair
3. He is not thats why there is a +. Very rarely is a trade 1 for 1 unless they are young or fringe NHLers
4. Your right no one has ever in the history of the league been traded for a guy slightly better for +'s.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Nope. Shaw really doesn't do much to help the roster as currently constructed--we have at least 3-4 players that bring the same sort of game as a 30 point bottom six player already (Dubinsky, Nash, Foligno, Jenner). I'm also not concerned about our defensive personnel at all--we have Jones, Nutivaara, and Savard on our right side when healthy with Clendening/Harrington as a 7D. I'm sure at the deadline Petry will have a ton of value, but I can't see, barring catastrophic injuries, Columbus acquiring him. We also need the dimension Josh Anderson brings to our forward group from a size and speed element on the RW.

What we need is more gamebreaking scoring talent, which we're unlikely to get from a trade in general. I think it's supremely unlikely they trade Anderson, but if he (or more likely, Bjorkstrand) were available in a trade, we would need an upgrade regarding gamebreaking scoring ability coming back. That's obviously something Montreal doesn't have a lot of and can't afford to give up. We could also use some better coaching, but the organization doubled down on Torts and the bad results of his current assistants this offseason, so we'll just have to keep dealing with incompetent special teams coaching.

Can we close this thread anyway? Ferris has come out refuting the fake story Kypreos ran last night. Anderson is not unhappy with his ice time, he was moved "down" a line last night because he can carry a line with his aggressive play, speed, and shooting/scoring ability. There's nothing to see here, and even less to see for a return from either of Toronto or Montreal.

Okay! Thanks for the well thought out response. I thought the value was close in a vacuum, as I thought Columbus was looking for right handed defense. Appreciate your answer!

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Last year I offered Gaudette for Anderson and some CBJ fans were open to it. Since then, he has won the Hobey Baker and played well at the pro level.

Would you guys still do this?

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Assuming Nylander's asking too much I wonder is Anderson is the type of guy they'd roll with in the top six in his absence.

Would a deal like Nylander and a warm body for Anderson, Carlsson and Peeke make sense for both teams?

It'd be a massive hit for Columbus' defensive prospect depth, but they'll also have Panarin's return to potentially recover anything lost in this deal. Toronto, on the other hand gets Carlsson, a close to NHL-ready shut-down type D they're hoping to find plus Andrew Peeke, a good quality college D prospect to add to their right side.
Leafs don’t really need defensive prospects... they’ve got a pretty good stable going, which is probably one of the reasons they aren’t looking to trade Nylander for D.

If they’re getting help on the back end, they’re either looking for a rental situation for this year- obviously not a deal that would involve Nylander, or a top pairing/potential top pairing guy signed cheap long term- which they’d need to add to Nylander for.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
No. Only way we trade Anderson is in a package for Nylander. Rather keep him.

your 24 year old 30pt winger doesnt even get the conovo going for our 22 year old 60pt winger

only way we trade nylander is for

a) panarin with an extension in place
b) jones
c) werenski

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
The rumour about Anderson not being happy came from Nick Kypreos so take it with a massive grain of salt.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
To MTL: Josh Anderson
To CLB: Nikita Scherbak, Jacob De La Rose and a 2nd round pick

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Shaw - Plekanec - Armia

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
To MTL: Josh Anderson
To CLB: Nikita Scherbak, Jacob De La Rose and a 2nd round pick

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Shaw - Plekanec - Armia
That does nothing to help Columbus. Not a chance.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
1) I'm not a Leafs fan.
2) You're being ridiculous and you know it.
3) Anderson isn't worth Nylander, and I'm going to assume you know that as well.
4) Nothing else needs to be said besides #2 and #3.

I dont think they know, let alone that one poster tbh, there is like 4 or 5 of them that show up from time to time whenever one of there players get mentioned and proceed to overrate the f*** out of their players to hilarious degrees, and are hostile about it too, its precious.

1. K
2. Im being fair
3. He is not thats why there is a +. Very rarely is a trade 1 for 1 unless they are young or fringe NHLers
4. Your right no one has ever in the history of the league been traded for a guy slightly better for +'s.

LMAO:laugh:.

Nylander is "slightly better" than Josh Anderson to the same degree that Seth Jones is slightly better than Ron Hainsey.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
IMO Josh Anderson is the perfect player the leafs are missing. He could be their Tom Wilson. I personally hope this isn't true at all and they remain a skilled team with minimal real aggression. Josh Anderson plays with crazy speed and a chip on his shoulder. The guy is like a bull on skates and gives teams fits.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Would love to have Anderson, he was the prospect I wanted back when we got Rychel how ever many years ago.

The only way I can think of a mutually beneficial deal is around Nylander, and most of that much larger discussion have been covered

Anderson+Savard
Anderson+Nutivaara+2ndish
Anderson+Carlsson+1st

Reactions: Viqsi

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The guy they kept over Karlsson.

Anderson gets you at the very most a second. That's what Bergevin would probably offer for him anyway.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
1. K
2. Im being fair

He isn't slightly better. Nylander is a LOT better. We don't want 4 quarter for our buck.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He isn't slightly better. Nylander is a LOT better. We don't want 4 quarter for our buck.
Well, he’s only slightly better in the playoffs! It really depends on the situation. When teams start taking liberties with Matthews, and they will, Anderson is a LOT better to have around. At under $2 million a season, he’s also far better to have around when it comes time to sign Matthews and Marner. I’m not saying straight up, but Anderson could be a huge part of a package.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I

I am a big fan of Anderson, and would consider trading him in a package for Nylander. What package do you think the Bluejacket could put together for for him? I can only assume that the Leafs would want a youngish right sided D man as part of any package. However, I don't know if management wants that as they have not, to my knowledge, attempted to get one.
The only player we have is Savard (excluding Jones) and we cant trade him away because our defense is already bad. if it was a LHD you need this could be a different story.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Nylander is now slightly better than Josh Anderson folks. you heard it here first.

good news for the Leafs in contract talks I guess:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad