Speculation: Leafs and Habs interested in Josh Anderson (CBJ).

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
To Columbus:
Connor Brown

To Toronto:
Josh Anderson

That's about the only thing that makes sense to Toronto. Change of scenery for two 3rd line RW's. Gives Toronto some more grit and size. Gives Columbus a guy who competes and can score 20 goals playing 2nd/3rd line minutes.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
To Columbus:
Connor Brown

To Toronto:
Josh Anderson

That's about the only thing that makes sense to Toronto. Change of scenery for two 3rd line RW's. Gives Toronto some more grit and size. Gives Columbus a guy who competes and can score 20 goals playing 2nd/3rd line minutes.
Yup. Brown doesn't need a change of scenario though, he is perfect in his role here, just slightly under-utilized.

Both are 24 years old. Brown had a 20 goal, 36 point rookie year (higher than Anderson's best season) primarily from the bottom six. Their goal scoring abilities are pretty similar with the slight edge to Brown. Anderson is bigger and tougher but Brown brings high-end PK ability, which the BJ's are looking for at the moment.

Might need an add from Toronto's end because teams tend to overvalue truculence, but the value is closer than CBJ fans will make you believe.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
He'd be a good add for Montreal. Not so much for Toronto as the last thing they need is another forward.

They could use more depth in the bottom 6, but I agree it's not a glaring team need right now.
As a leaf fan I am not a fan of leivo, Brown, johnsson, etc.

Leivo seems like a pylon half the time, then rips a sick shot for a goal. Meh.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
To Columbus:
Connor Brown

To Toronto:
Josh Anderson

This is what I was trying to offer CBJ fans, but they were hell bent on Nylander, so I didnt know what to say lol.

Brown and Anderson seem pretty equal in value to me. I would argue Brown is a tad more skilled while Anderson brings more toughness.

I would gladly add in a pick or mid-sized prospect as well because I do think Anderson has a bit more upside but CBj fans want a game breaker for Josh Anderson

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
This is what I was trying to offer CBJ fans, but they were hell bent on Nylander, so I didnt know what to say lol.

Brown and Anderson seem pretty equal in value to me. I would argue Brown is a tad more skilled while Anderson brings more toughness.

I would gladly add in a pick or mid-sized prospect as well because I do think Anderson has a bit more upside but CBj fans want a game breaker for Josh Anderson
I'm sure Anderson does, but he's not close to Nylander value unless it's a package for Anderson and a top pairing defenseman. I doubt they would want to give up Jones or Werensky and I doubt Toronto wants to part with the assets necessary to complete the deal. Both teams are playoff worthy. Toronto would be able to add prospects to upgrade the D, but that wouldn't make sense for Columbus unless they're giving up on signing Panarin and Bobrovski and are going for a rebuild.

I don't think they make a deal unless it's Brown/Leivo (+?) for Anderson.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Yup. Brown doesn't need a change of scenario though, he is perfect in his role here, just slightly under-utilized.

Both are 24 years old. Brown had a 20 goal, 36 point rookie year (higher than Anderson's best season) primarily from the bottom six. Their goal scoring abilities are pretty similar with the slight edge to Brown. Anderson is bigger and tougher but Brown brings high-end PK ability, which the BJ's are looking for at the moment.

Might need an add from Toronto's end because teams tend to overvalue truculence, but the value is closer than CBJ fans will make you believe.
Agreed.

Doesn't seem like a fit, unfortunately.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I'm sure Anderson does, but he's not close to Nylander value unless it's a package for Anderson and a top pairing defenseman. I doubt they would want to give up Jones or Werensky and I doubt Toronto wants to part with the assets necessary to complete the deal. Both teams are playoff worthy. Toronto would be able to add prospects to upgrade the D, but that wouldn't make sense for Columbus unless they're giving up on signing Panarin and Bobrovski and are going for a rebuild.

I don't think they make a deal unless it's Brown/Leivo (+?) for Anderson.

Heck I'd give them both Brown and Johnsson. Johnsson will most likely be out of our price range next season anyways and wont fit under our cap.

Brown + Johnsson for Anderson

I think thats more than fair. But CBJ will probably differ with their value

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
...I hate how now anyone goes after a player, even 40 point depth piece... All people bring up is your stars.

Yeah no duh you want gamebreakers, but just like you aren't gonna trade Anderson for a low pick, Nylander isn't getting trade for a Josh Anderson package. :laugh:
That’s super but no matter how logical or sensible you think it is josh Anderson is not getting you William nylander.
And literally nothing else will get you Anderson so we good... we dont need your downgrades and picks...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't see Columbus being at all interested in a lateral move or a move for picks or a defenseman.

Unless things get really bad and Columbus has to move him ASAP I think they just hold on to him.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Headlines: Kotkanemi could be sticking with Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca

Starts around the 4:30 mark.

Anderson hasn’t requested a trade just yet but isn’t happy at all with his minutes. Toronto and Montreal have expressed definite interest in Andy.

———————

Anderson’s stats thru 5 games this season:

3 goals.
0 assists.
3 points.
+4.
16 SOG.
~14:00 TOI.
Did he play with Domi in London?

If Habs are in on him\? Has to be a forward going back, Habs have too many now. Andrew Shaw?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Why would Columbus be interested in Connor Brown over just keeping Anderson and telling his agent to be quiet?

Lol "telling his agent to be quiet"...is that really constructive way of going about things?

And listen, If CBJ want to keep him sure. None of this would be discussed. But this is assuming if Anderson is actually on the block and possibly requests a trade. I mean, we are, after all, posting in a rumor thread.

In that case, is Connor Brown not a player you would want? Thats all im asking. Im not arguing whether or not CBJ needs Brown over Anderson

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Lol "telling his agent to be quiet"...is that really constructive way of going about things?

And listen, If CBJ want to keep him sure. None of this would be discussed. But this is assuming if Anderson is actually on the block and possibly requests a trade. I mean, we are, after all, posting in a rumor thread.

In that case, is Connor Brown not a player you would want? Thats all im asking. Im not arguing whether or not CBJ needs Brown over Anderson
Whether or not Columbus would want Connor Brown comes down entirely to whether or not they would need him over Anderson. If not, they don't do the trade.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Whether or not Columbus would want Connor Brown comes down entirely to whether or not they would need him over Anderson. If not, they don't do the trade.

lol I feel like you keep avoiding the point.

IF Anderson were to request a trade...would a deal for Connor Brown make sense? Thats all Im asking. It's hypothetical.

I'm sure that CBJ definitely doesn't need Brown over Anderson right now.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
lol I feel like you keep avoiding the point.

IF Anderson were to request a trade...would a deal for Connor Brown make sense? Thats all Im asking. It's hypothetical.

I'm sure that CBJ definitely doesn't need Brown over Anderson right now.
No, whether or not he demands a trade has no impact on the CBJ looking to move him or his value to the team.

If he were to demand a trade, CBJ would just ignore it because he is an RFA and can't go anywhere. Either he plays with the team or he doesn't play.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Its just we dont really need anything but an upgrade currently outside of injuries. When healed we are pretty solid. Anderson is only playing low line to roll 4 lines. He never played pp or higher then 3rd line 2 years ago and almost put up 20 he was 2 short I think. He played last year top line while Cam was hurt and struggling but since cam healed and signed he has been great which slides Anderson. The only type we need is game breakers. So Anderson we have 0 reason to move unless we get that. Anderson for a similar yet lesser guy and. Pick makes 0 sense.

Nylander is really the only logical player it would make sense for

Honestly, there is nothing logical about that.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
No, whether or not he demands a trade has no impact on the CBJ looking to move him or his value to the team.

If he were to demand a trade, CBJ would just ignore it because he is an RFA and can't go anywhere. Either he plays with the team or he doesn't play.
I'll anticipate OVO16's response to say, if Anderson decides he wants to hold out again like Ferris had him do last year early in the season, they will let him sit. The holdout didn't do him much good last year, as he eventually signed a very team friendly deal.

I don't see any trade making sense between us. Selfishly, I don't want a mutually-beneficial trade with TOR ever.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
One Darren Ferris client per roster is enough.
Like Torts said last season, Anderson is a great kid and a great player. He just has an idiot for an agent.

Or like John Davidson said "we are the managers and coaches. He is a player. We will do our jobs and you do yours."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->