Speculation: Leafs and Habs interested in Josh Anderson (CBJ).

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
That's what I was thinking. Something like Andersen, Carlsson, and a top-60 draft pick. Even then, depends on what Dubas' scouts think of Carlsson.

I don't know enough about him to say but I think they'd want the draft pick.Leafs scouting and development has been top notch and they'll want to control everything. Looking at his statline there is nothing special there, the Leafs are already overflowing with bottom pairing D.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Which is why it's never going to happen. I am perfectly fine with that.

I don't see Anderson getting traded, he shouldn't be kvetching about PT (if that's even true), and if it is true, Toronto should not be the destination.

I actually disagree with that.... Kapanen, Kadri, Marleau, Dermott, perhaps Hyman, all represent a tier much higher than Leivo. In between them you have guys like Johnsson, Brown, etc.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I actually disagree with that.... Kapanen, Kadri, Marleau, Dermott, perhaps Hyman, all represent a tier much higher than Leivo. In between them you have guys like Johnsson, Brown, etc.
Kadri's not available though, is he? That much was hashed out clearly over the last 12 months between TOR and CBJ fans.

Reactions: Viqsi

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Kadri's not available though, is he? That much was hashed out clearly over the last 12 months between TOR and CBJ fans.

Good point, but I think the landscape is changing and I thought the point was worth making that there are players we could definitely add if the deal made sense. I wouldn't include Kadri in any trade proposals, he's definitely not for sale, but if he was the insisted key piece for us to acquire a young top-4 D I would have to think we would think about it. The question is do we need Kadri at 3C more than we need a solid top-4 RHD. Right now I'm thinking we may need that D more than we need Kadri in the 3 hole. Of course this changes based on if Nylander stays or goes and if he goes who he returns.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
One game is not a career trend. Or is Mitch Marner still a fourth liner we can trade for?
His response may have been disingenuous but it was to an equally if not more stupid notion of only trading anderson as a package for william. Anderson would be the third most valuable piece in a package for william.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
...I hate how now anyone goes after a player, even 40 point depth piece... All people bring up is your stars.

Yeah no duh you want gamebreakers, but just like you aren't gonna trade Anderson for a low pick, Nylander isn't getting trade for a Josh Anderson package. :laugh:
I guess it really depends on the plus.

Is it Josh Anderson + Werenski?

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
Would love J. Anderson on the Leafs. Been saying for awhile he's the perfect addition to the forward group. But of course that's not priority #1 so would only really make sense if Nylander was shipped out for some help on D and we needed a replacement for him. Still don't see him getting more minutes in T.O though. Maybe the thought of playing with Matthews/Tavares/Kadri is enough to spark his interest

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Josh Anderson + David Savard

William Nylander + ???
Maybe. Not right now while Jones is injured, tho. And I'm not sure how much that would do for the Leafs; the consensus I keep hearing is that Savard would be helpful but that folks still want to aim higher. And we'd need to be sure Nylander would sign.

* * *​
I guess it really depends on the plus.

Is it Josh Anderson + Werenski?
Don't be absurd. Werenski's on the level of a Matthews or Marner, not Nylander. And even if Toronto had any interest whatsoever in moving one of those guys (LOL no way), it doesn't make sense for him to be involved in a Leafs trade because the Leafs need RD and he's a LD.

Reactions: CBJFan827

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
The problem is Toronto is in a weird spot where they don’t have many “middle value guys”.

It’s either in the Nylander territory or Leivo. Nothing in between

I think that just speaks to not knowing who Toronto has. Between Nylander level and Leivo level, you’ve got guys like Marleau, Kapanen, Hyman, Johnsson, Brown at forward, and Hainsey, Gardiner, Dermott, and Zaitsev on D... though I doubt Hyman or Dermott are available.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Maybe. Not right now while Jones is injured, tho. And I'm not sure how much that would do for the Leafs; the consensus I keep hearing is that Savard would be helpful but that folks still want to aim higher. And we'd need to be sure Nylander would sign.

* * *​

Don't be absurd. Werenski's on the level of a Matthews or Marner, not Nylander. And even if Toronto had any interest whatsoever in moving one of those guys (LOL no way), it doesn't make sense for him to be involved in a Leafs trade because the Leafs need RD and he's a LD.
Werenski is not on Matthews’s level. Nylander and Marner are pretty similar tier.

But you are right, the Leafs are looking for LD, not RD. I was just pointing out how absurd it is to say an Anderson package for Nylander. The difference in value for the two players is so large that it would require a much better player than Josh added for the Leafs to be interested. My point would have been better made if I said a Brown package for Werenski.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Nylander signed + warm body

For

Nutivaara + Anderson seem like a fair deal to me if nylander is hell bent on getting 7+M

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Apparently in Kypeos' world, Dubas really loves dealing with pain in the ass agents. Lewis Gross(Nylander) and Darren Ferris(Marner and Anderson) in 3 consecutive years.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I think that just speaks to not knowing who Toronto has. Between Nylander level and Leivo level, you’ve got guys like Marleau, Kapanen, Hyman, Johnsson, Brown at forward, and Hainsey, Gardiner, Dermott, and Zaitsev on D... though I doubt Hyman or Dermott are available.

Brown, Johnsson are worth practically nothing. Marleau, Kapanen and Hyman shouldn’t be moved. Zaitsev is a 6 years cap dump. Hainsey is a joke. Dermott and Gardiner aren’t getting moved for a F.

So, then again, there’s nothing on the Leafs side that make sense

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Brown, Johnsson are worth practically nothing. Marleau, Kapanen and Hyman shouldn’t be moved. Zaitsev is a 6 years cap dump. Hainsey is a joke. Dermott and Gardiner aren’t getting moved for a F.

So, then again, there’s nothing on the Leafs side that make sense

Disagree there. Brown > Johnsson, but neither would clear waivers, so they aren't worth practically nothing. They may not be really valuable pieces, but still. To be honest I could definitely see Gardiner being moved for forward help if Nylander's return focuses on a D as the main piece.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Disagree there. Brown > Johnsson, but neither would clear waivers, so they aren't worth practically nothing. They may not be really valuable pieces, but still. To be honest I could definitely see Gardiner being moved for forward help if Nylander's return focuses on a D as the main piece.

Me too but that’s a long stretch. You gotta find a taker for Nylander who’s A) Haveve the cap space and willing to to give him ~7.5M on a long term deal and B) has a surplus at RHD.

Then you have to find RW you think can play top 6 for a pending UFA.

While #2 is much easier to do than #1, it’s still a long stretch and not an easy thing to do at the beginning of a season

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
No idea who this guy is. Details/play style/comparable?

he would be an absolute diamond playing on Kadri's RW, decent skater, hard working forecheck kind of guy, not afraid to mix it up, he's big 6'3" 220 and had some scoring touch with London in the O

Reactions: BM14

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If Duchene doesn't want to sign in Ottawa

Extended Matt Duchene

Vs

Alexander Wennberg
Josh Anderson
Late Pick

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'd consider parting with Nylander to get Josh Anderson + 1st from Columbus.

Anderson is a Burlington kid and would bring some much needed toughness to our top 6 and has untapped offensive potentail, IMO.

The reason why Columbus may be willing to do this is because they may lose Panarin in the offseason. Their relationship with Anderson is very shaky due to the contract talks, and getting Nylander back would mean they can at least get one guy inked long term and kept for the long haul.

Thoughts?

Reactions: CPTN71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad