Speculation: Leafs and Habs interested in Josh Anderson (CBJ).

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm a big Anderson fan, he was very impressive in the first round last year. I'd live to see the Caps offer Andre Burakovsky + for him.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
We arent seeking him TOR is seeking Anderson and thats really all they have on the side of compelling pieces. No cbj fans are saying hey we want Nylander what do we need to offer. Its TOR wanting Anderson and process of elimination its really only Nylander. We are fine keeping anderson and you keep willie.
If Toronto is interested in Anderson they would be offering a player of similar value in return, in other words not Nylander. If Columbus management is only interested in such a lopsided trade, then I very much doubt this will come to anything.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
If Toronto is interested in Anderson they would be offering a player of similar value in return, in other words not Nylander. If Columbus management is only interested in such a lopsided trade, then I very much doubt this will come to anything.
What would be the CBJ incentive here ?

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
What would be the CBJ incentive here ?
What does Columbus need? Listen, you aren't going to flip a 24 year old winger with 68 points in 165 games for a 22 year old winger/centre with 135 points in 185 games, that is just not reasonable to expect, but if Columbus has an area where they need some middle-6 depth up front then a deal can be made.

Frankly, I am a bit surprised Toronto is looking at Anderson in the first place, they are stacked on the wings even with Nylander holding out.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
What does Columbus need? Listen, you aren't going to flip a 24 year old winger with 68 points in 165 games for a 22 year old winger/centre with 135 points in 185 games, that is just not reasonable to expect, but if Columbus has an area where they need some middle-6 depth up front then a deal can be made.

Frankly, I am a bit surprised Toronto is looking at Anderson in the first place, they are stacked on the wings even with Nylander holding out.
Not a fan of that team so...
I'm also not very sure as to why they'd want to move him at all
He's young, productive and seems to fit in well with how they do things.
Has Torts mellowed so that he'd be looking to move such a player

If Panarin skips town and the cbj's are looking to add higher end skill, then I'm sure a + would be involved

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Not a fan of that team so...
I'm also not very sure as to why they'd want to move him at all
He's young, productive and seems to fit in well with how they do things.
Has Torts mellowed so that he'd be looking to move such a player

If Panarin skips town and the cbj's are looking to add higher end skill, then I'm sure a + would be involved
Nylander obviously isn't on par with Panarin in terms of production, but he does fill a similar role of skilled playmaking and speed on the wing (and potentially centre if Columbus pushes him that way), but again, it circles back to the fact that if Toronto is going to trade away their best, controllable, tradeable asset then they are going to want a player who fixes a glaring need in their roster, which is a top-4 young dman, not a third-line RW.

I dunno if the rumors are maybe it is a swap for Connor Brown or Zach Hyman or some other guy like that for the Leafs, in which case, I do not think this is a trade that moves the needle for either team. Montreal might be the more fruitful partner if the Jackets are indeed looking to trade Anerson. Also can't discount this rumor is just smoke as well.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if Anderson was actually available wouldn’t a lot more teams than just these two have some interest?

Reactions: Groo

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Pro tip: they're not. Kypreos is very fond of this particular rumor and regurgitating it every time he has the slightest excuse to claim it as news.

* * *​
Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if Anderson was actually available wouldn’t a lot more teams than just these two have some interest?
Other teams don't draw in nearly as much attention.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Nah we will do Anderson for Marner same goals. Ill follow your lead.

That would be an awesome point..... if I was the one arguing that equal goals after 7 or 8 games determines value.

Except I didn't do that. You did. I was pointing out to you how incredibly silly that argument is.

But you whatever the deal "you'll" do (as if you work for the front office) is irrelevant. Do you agree that Kapanen for Anderson is fair value because of those goals being equal.... or do you now realize that comparing goals at this stage maybe doesn't make much sense. One or the other, please don't avoid and change the argument.

Pick one:
Kapanen=Anderson
or
Goals after 7 games played doesn't determine value

I'm just looking for a little consistency

Reactions: Brock Radunske

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
That would be an awesome point..... if I was the one arguing that equal goals after 7 or 8 games determines value.

Except I didn't do that. You did. I was pointing out to you how incredibly silly that argument is.

But you whatever the deal "you'll" do (as if you work for the front office) is irrelevant. Do you agree that Kapanen for Anderson is fair value because of those goals being equal.... or do you now realize that comparing goals at this stage maybe doesn't make much sense. One or the other, please don't avoid and change the argument.

Pick one:
Kapanen=Anderson
or
Goals after 7 games played doesn't determine value

I'm just looking for a little consistency
I honestly dont remember saying goals after 7 games means Anderson was worth someone? So i vote option 2. Did I day that? I dont feel like reading all my previous posts. Was I just stating he had more goals then most leafs or like you claim did I say he had 4 goals so hes worth x? Because you like to put words in my mouth and you also like to take things I say and make it out like I am "claiming" something when in fact Im just stating opinions on things and dont have points in there but you say I "claim" or my "point" in my statement was ____.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->