Leafs among teams interested in undrafted Justin Brazeau.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I love how our GM gives away players for nothing then tries to find players like that at the end of the season. So basically a bigger Josh Leivo.

First - He got an asset for Leivo

Second - thats what being a GM is. Just so you know. Move out parts when you need to, and bring in replacements when you can.

Reactions: bikemike66

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
because he can't skate worth crap and isn't really all that talented either. he's just big so he able to out muscle 99% of the players in the league and is an opportunistic goal scorer with a good shot.
I disagree.

Yes he is not the greatest skater, but he is talented.

Reactions: socko

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Cost us a point a week back

22 points. where you looking? in 68 games. 0.32 ppg
Willy....22 points (lirl) in 45. 0.48 ppg

People still defending Willy? :)
People still using dumb arguments without context? Oh also once willy got adjusted, the last 4-6 weeks he has been on a 62 pt pace. But of course you won't actually use context and look at all the facts before deciding on something. This is the problem with many of the leafs. They're so god damn stupid and glorify trash players over guys who are actually good.

Reactions: Walshy7

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
People still using dumb arguments without context? Oh also once willy got adjusted, the last 4-6 weeks he has been on a 62 pt pace. But of course you won't actually use context and look at all the facts before deciding on something. This is the problem with many of the leafs. They're so god damn stupid and glorify trash players over guys who are actually good.

That's great, the trade value on July 1st 2019 is rising with that front loaded contract and our serious need for quality defensemen. There's some context for ya, professor. (It's weird seeing hockey being discussed with the buzzwords of the social sciences. )

But yes, this Brazeau dude can't skate at an acceptable level to get a pro contract. If Dubas signs him, he must have an opposite agenda: give the other hockey people at MLSE clamouring for more size a guaranteed failure to shut down their dissent.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
That's great, the trade value on July 1st 2019 is rising with that front loaded contract and our serious need for quality defensemen. There's some context for ya, professor. (It's weird seeing hockey being discussed with the buzzwords of the social sciences. )

But yes, this Brazeau dude can't skate at an acceptable level to get a pro contract. If Dubas signs him, he must have an opposite agenda: give the other hockey people at MLSE clamouring for more size a guaranteed failure to shut down their dissent.
tf does this have to do with my post...? nothing.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This Brazeau guy appears to be good at hockey in the manner that Kramer was good at karate.

This feels more like Dreger just lumping us in for the sake of dicussion rather then actual serious rumour.

This guy appears to be lesser versions of Korshkov and Engvall. I dont really see the point.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
So you need to Cherry pick stats. Haha. His season is his season. And I compared it to Leivos. But keep defending less that half a point ppg for $7 mil

member 300185

because he can't skate worth crap and isn't really all that talented either. he's just big so he able to out muscle 99% of the players in the league and is an opportunistic goal scorer with a good shot.
another gauthier

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
So you need to Cherry pick stats. Haha. His season is his season. And I compared it to Leivos. But keep defending less that half a point ppg for $7 mil

Nylander taking time to get back up to speed is important context to use, though. It's not cherry picking. There's no harm in looking at things a little deeper, man.

It's totally on Nylander that getting back up to speed was even something that needed to happen. He deserves criticism for that. But he put up two 60-point seasons before his deal, and is now operating at that pace again over the last little while. If anything, I'd say using his first two months against him to call him a "less than half a point ppg" player is cherry picking since you're not looking at the bigger picture.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
you're the one cherry picking stats. Why don't you take his entire career into account? What a incredulously poor take. Your argument is worse than his season thus far (according to you).

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Oof, that skating is ugly
Yeah.
But I guess you could say the same thing about Mason Marchment when he signed.
So, there’s precedent internally. And he’s gotten himself close to 4th line competition.
Add to that, he’d be in the 45th-50th rank among the teams contracts where a little long term chance can be afforded.
The logistics fit.
I’d guess at a two-year ELC, and he’d have Carcone/Bracco and probably Korshkov ahead of him, so there’s some time to develop and not much need on the big team for a few years anyway. And not much filtering in behind him on the wings the next year either.
Very little that hurts as a risk. He’s got interesting qualities. Maybe you get a good guy for the Marlies, maybe an NHL’er. If not, meh. Presumably, he knows the depth chart, so if he signs here, you know he’s committed to the program.
(And of course, if he doesn’t sign, meh, too...there’s always other guys, hehe).

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Justin Brazeau is my kind of hockey player .. 6'6" & 225 lbs.

Who would you rather have a 5-9 170 pound player that can score 60 goals in junior or one that is 6-6 and 225 and blocks out the sun?

Hopefully Dubas lands the big fish and uses his hometown Ontario roots to that advantage. :crossfing

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Justin Brazeau is my kind of hockey player .. 6'6" & 225 lbs.

Who would you rather have a 5-9 170 pound player that can score 60 goals in junior or one that is 6-6 and 225 and blocks out the sun?

Hopefully Dubas lands the big fish and uses his hometown Ontario roots to that advantage. :crossfing

Can the little guy skate? Id rather have him.

Guys like Brazeau used to have to become face punchers if they wanted an NHL contract. Now they dont get one at all.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Brendan Shanahan was a pretty crap skater. If you got size, hands, a mean streak, and a goal scorers touch, I'll work on your skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad