Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed W Ilya Mikheyev to a 1 year ELC

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Playing with Matthews, he’ll lead the league in off season goals by a right winger.

This opens up a Nylander trade to CBJ for Seth Jones

Nylander is super talented but man, with his effort on the ice, he makes it hard to cheer for him. He is such a mercurial guy with is effort and consistency.

Jones is not the guy I would want in a Nylander trade, Salvin or Parayko have been the 2 guys that have been #1A and #1B on my trade list for a year. If we have to add that is fine with me.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Nylander is super talented but man, with his effort on the ice, he makes it hard to cheer for him. He is such a mercurial guy with is effort and consistency.

Jones is not the guy I would want in a Nylander trade, Salvin or Parayko have been the 2 guys that have been #1A and #1B on my trade list for a year. If we have to add that is fine with me.

Let’s say the other GMs got really drunk at the GM meetings and Dubas was somehow able to get some unsavoury pics and videos and was then able to make one of these trades; you’re telling me you wouldn’t a take really good #1 defenceman for Nylander?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Here we are, in a thread discussing a player that our club is interested in signing, and we have people complaining about picks we didn’t make in a draft 3+ years ago.

It never fails. Try to have a discussion, and watch the miserable folks flood in and de-rail it, no matter the topic.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
That midget has more goals in a season than the mighty auston Matthew's and they were drafted in the same year lol

But good point.

And yet some think hunter is a God at drafting.

Lots of us fans wanted debrincat at the time or girard.

If he was 3 inches taller he'd have been in the top 10.

I was hoping The Hawks won the lottery.... Team midget. Hughes 5'10 170, Kane 5'10 175, Cat 5'7 165

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Thank you, it's been awhile since I checked up on him.

It's a shame he looks to have stalled a bit these last couple of years

I'm by no means the most knowledgeable on him of the posters here (there are many in the stickied Marlies thread), but my understanding is he's dealt with at least 1 very serious leg injury that sidelined him for a long time. He still may have some potential. Can sign and come over here after April 30th when his contract ends.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Let’s say the other GMs got really drunk at the GM meetings and Dubas was somehow able to get some unsavoury pics and videos and was then able to make one of these trades; you’re telling me you wouldn’t a take really good #1 defenceman for Nylander?

Sure I would but I've never like Jones game.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Oh no! Another skilled player!
Oh no! More analytics!

Oh no! European speed, skill, play-making and a misplaced commitment to excellence instead of a commitment to the Don Cherry code and some rock 'em sock 'em slayer!

Oh no! Let's hope we lose tonight so that we can bring back toughness and stop this embarrassing speedy skill experiment and fight to have the NHL regress to pre - Post concussion syndrome aware days, and so Dubas gets fired and he takes his stupid analytics elsewhere! No! Enough,No to RW Ilya Mikheyev! No more mathematics!

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
As per usual, this is a good low risk move. If it doesn't pan out, whatever. If it does then we get a cheap player.

Can't believe the usual suspects have already derailed this thread into another "Nylander has no effort" crap fest. Wish we could crack down on that zero effort posting.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
He's had some good growth in his game from what I've read. Scoring leader of his team as a 24 year old. Good size and very good skater.

No risk medium reward.

Good to hear!

Free wallets are always nice

Reactions: teddygmr

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Nylander and who?

no way on earth CBJ does that 1 for 1.
I know: toss in Kappanen or Johnsson!
Destruction of the Dubas analytics and method era- for Leafs Nation lots of fun!
Get these young speedsters out of town! Bring back Earl Thompson!
These playoffs are boring! Leafs season needs to end and then we lie in the sun!

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad