Friedman: Leafs "All in" for best forward they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Right now on April 8 2021 the Leafs are #!1 in points in the NHL, the result of the Carolina VS Florida game will either see Carolina tie them or Florida pull 1 point ahead, or potentially both tie them if Florida gets 1 point.

Regardless of the result the Leafs are a top 3 team in the league right now.

If now isn't the time to go for it when is?
So if they were to win the cup this year that would be better than multiple years contending for potentially more than one cup? I mean I get it A lot of teams do it I just think it's a bad decision.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What about Matthew Tkachuk for the Leafs? I think he'd be the perfect fit for your roster. Gaudreau/Monahan aren't the right types for the Leafs, but Tkachuk would be perfect. I'd be looking for Nylander, 1st and Amirov back.

Hate Tkachuk, and for that price LOL fat no.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
It is for me. Nylander is a perimeter player. A poor man's Gaudreau. He's a good offensive player, but Tkachuk is unique. A 2-way power forward and pest who can score 30 goals. Name me another player in the league like that.

Flat out lie

He led the league in goals from the slot (“dirty areas”) last year and he scores most of his goals in tight

You can keep Tkachuk it’s okay he’s clearly very good in your eyes so idk why you’re even looking to move him

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Flat out lie

He led the league in goals from the slot (“dirty areas”) last year and he scores most of his goals in tight

You can keep Tkachuk it’s okay he’s clearly very good in your eyes so idk why you’re even looking to move him
LOL. Yes Nylander is a gritty power forward. My mistake...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So if they were to win the cup this year that would be better than multiple years contending for potentially more than one cup? I mean I get it A lot of teams do it I just think it's a bad decision.

It's been 50+ years go get the cup

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
The valuation of Leaf players is a bit ridiculous in this thread. Hyman a 30 goal scorer and Nylander isn't a perimeter player. Hyman is a product of the players he plays with. He's a gritty 10-15 goal bottom 6 player. Chiasson scored 25 goals playing with McDavid. Hyman had 10 goals in the season he didn't play with a top 10 player. Nylander benefits from playing with elite players too. Put Gaudreau with Tavares or Matthews and he's well over a PPG every season.

Chiasson got boatloads of PP time, unlike Hyman.

Nylander has a role to carry the puck in and buy time for his line mates to set up for possession. In that time he is on the perimeter and he’s damn good at it. Once set up you can find him in the slot though.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Hate Tkachuk, and for that price LOL fat no.

I would move Nylander for Tkachuk, and probably even throw in 2021 1st, ask for a 3rd back, and down grade the prospect in the next bracket (B+ prospect).

If Im calgary that's the ask, but i think there is some good logic, but at this point id prefer to see what we have in Amirov.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Who is this year's John Druce....Chris Kontos....Lonny Bohonos?

Get that guy....will come cheap too.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Montreal trades to Toronto a 2nd for Kerfoot.

Then......

Montreal trades to Toronto Kerfoot for a 1st

Right there and then, Kerfoot finally get's traded....and Toronto gets back an 11 goal scoring forward for a lousy low 1st.

Time is runing out! Let's get it done!

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Toronto starting to look like an All Star team

they have done a good job building this love the spezza and Thornton additions

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
No one is saying he is. But you don’t lead the league in goals from around the net if you are a perimeter player. There is a middle ground
its the main boards...theres absolutely no middle ground

kindly gtfo with that sanity :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad