Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3, Penguins 2 - Shot: 4 More Years of Jack Mother ******* Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I think we just have to hope JJ can dial up his game in the playoff environment. He isn't going anywhere this year.

I saw a few people say we could move Riikola or Petts to save some cap space. Madness.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
That play where Bjugstad turned a 1 on 1 into a partial breakaway just on account of being able to force body position is why I've been a fan of this player. Under certain circumstances, he's very difficult to mark.

Reactions: Turin

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
That play where Bjugstad turned a 1 on 1 into a partial breakaway just on account of being able to force body position is why I've been a fan of this player. Under certain circumstances, he's very difficult to mark.

He's a unique specimen to add to this team. Plus, he's only a year removed from 49 pts playing with guys no better than what we have to offer.

I think Pixies said it, but I think going from being a guy whose team protected him in the expansion draft and expected him to be a core player to expectations where we only really need him to be a 3C or 2nd/3rd line caliber winger should help him mentally.

Reactions: billybudd

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Becoming? The only consistent thing Johnson has done is be the worst ****ing player on this team night in and night out.

Johnson wasn't even the worst defenseman on the ice last night.

I also like that Jesse used advanced stats to say Johnson has become a "serious problem" but then completely disregarded this reply to just say "he's getting burnt":

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The flipside is, as good as Bjugstad's been so far, he can't seem to finish. He had like 2 or 3 point blank chances last night, and all three times either shot wide or shot it into Sparks' chest.

Hopefully he can bury some of these chances as well as create them.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
He's a unique specimen to add to this team. Plus, he's only a year removed from 49 pts playing with guys no better than what we have to offer.

I think Pixies said it, but I think going from being a guy whose team protected him in the expansion draft and expected him to be a core player to expectations where we only really need him to be a 3C or 2nd/3rd line caliber winger should help him mentally.

Justin Schultz. Interesting way of thinking about him.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad