Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3, Penguins 2 - Shot: 4 More Years of Jack Mother ******* Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Not sure if you watched @Soggy Biscuit but McCann was really good in a defensive role and gave a lot of jump going forward too. Had 81.8 dZS%

Had some chatty people over and a feed that was coming and going, so I'm not the best judge for what happened last game unfortunately. Good to hear he played well with heavy d-zone starts.

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
So you think you can play a role in the team's performance by opinions on a message board? Great balls of fire.

Not literally of course. I’m talking more about a general narrative in the media and everywhere else. Players do hear that, make no mistake.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The TSN panel was saying that Bjugstad will play RW with Sid and Jake. McCann will be tried at 3C. I find that to be really interesting. That first line would be a f***ing powerhouse.

I think McCann with Hornqvist and Pearson could work really well on the 3rd line. Hornqvist just seems like a great guy to put with a young center. I just don't know how I feel about McCann. Dude has some serious pedigree. He was highly touted. I'm curious what this staff thinks of him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Murray let in three bad to awful goals as well. Played well outside of that, but he is just MAF most of the time now.

Maatta and Johnson are two huge problems, and hopefully it gets better when Schultz comes back.

Murray plays well, but because we lose, yet again someone says he let in a bunch of bad goals.

Two of the three goals were goal mouth scrambles where the defense either failed to out-muscle his man (Letang on Hyman) or were nowhere to be seen (Matthews goal, Maatta was on the other side of the ice for some reason). And the other goal was a seeing eye shot through a maze of bodies.

If you want to nitpick, I guess he could have handled the original shot that resulted in the Matthews goal better. But it was a knuckle shot from the point, so who knows how difficult it was to track where it ended up.

I seriously think people who post this crap about Murray need to watch games not involving the Pens to see that every goalie around the league lets in these types of goals.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Murray plays well, but because we lose, yet again someone says he let in a bunch of bad goals.

Two of the three goals were goal mouth scrambles where the defense either failed to out-muscle his man (Letang on Hyman) or were nowhere to be seen (Matthews goal, Maatta was on the other side of the ice for some reason). And the other goal was a seeing eye shot through a maze of bodies.

If you want to nitpick, I guess he could have handled the original shot that resulted in the Matthews goal better. But it was a knuckle shot from the point, so who knows how difficult it was to track where it ended up.

I seriously think people who post this crap about Murray need to watch games not involving the Pens to see that every goalie around the league lets in these types of goals.

When the trade went down, and HF crashed, against my better judgement I ventured into Pens Facebook comments. Aaaaaaaaand I lasted about 30 seconds. It's the same all the time. WE NEED FLEURY BACK. WHEN IS JR GONNA TRADE FOR FLEURY. WORST MOVE EVER GETTING RID OF FLEURY. (We won 2 cups with Murray, the rebuttal....the REPLY...I COULD HAVE BEEN THE GOALIE WITH THOSE TEAMS, THEY WERE DOMINANT, MURRAY WON US CRAP. hahaha)

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
The TSN panel was saying that Bjugstad will play RW with Sid and Jake. McCann will be tried at 3C. I find that to be really interesting. That first line would be a ****ing powerhouse.

I think McCann with Hornqvist and Pearson could work really well on the 3rd line. Hornqvist just seems like a great guy to put with a young center. I just don't know how I feel about McCann. Dude has some serious pedigree. He was highly touted. I'm curious what this staff thinks of him.

Bjugstad on RW with Sid would be pretty interesting.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When the trade went down, and HF crashed, against my better judgement I ventured into Pens Facebook comments. Aaaaaaaaand I lasted about 30 seconds. It's the same all the time. WE NEED FLEURY BACK. WHEN IS JR GONNA TRADE FOR FLEURY. WORST MOVE EVER GETTING RID OF FLEURY. (We won 2 cups with Murray, the rebuttal....the REPLY...I COULD HAVE BEEN THE GOALIE WITH THOSE TEAMS, THEY WERE DOMINANT, MURRAY WON US CRAP. hahaha)

I'm convinced half the Penguins' casual fanbase are idiots.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Since coming back from his injury (Dec 15) Murray has a .932 sv% and 2.21 GAA.

Do you know what his save percentage is since January? He seemed to have an ungodly two weeks to end December and then seemed to come back to earth in January...

Reactions: EightyOne

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
The TSN panel was saying that Bjugstad will play RW with Sid and Jake. McCann will be tried at 3C. I find that to be really interesting. That first line would be a ****ing powerhouse.

I could see it being the plan. Bjugstad just being a placeholder for Malkin in between Kessel and Rust.

I don't love it, though. Those top 2 lines should be awesome, but I don't like Pearson and Hornqvist as a winger pair. Too similar. They would be pretty solid defensively, though, which maybe that is the plan. I'd just prefer to have more evenly balanced lines.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Just remember, roughly half of all people are dumber than the average person.

I was being generous. I haven't come across a "casual" yet that didn't just spew whatever nonsense they'd either heard from the local media or from one of their fellow casuals.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I guess reading just isn't your strong suit then. The only "defending" of Johnson I did was saying that he hasn't nearly been as bad as people here say he has been, but talking about that on here is a waste of time. My post was saying that buying out Johnson was an idiotic decision, and I listed a bunch of reasons why it was an idiotic decision. If you get so defensive over that, I don't know what to tell you. Seriously, go back and re-read my post, because you obviously didn't read it the first time. The entire first paragraph was listing out reasons why it was stupid to buy out Johnson.

And for evidence that other teams were in on Johnson, here's some stuff about Montreal apparently wanting to give Johnson $6 million a year from June:

They have around 9M in cap space. They can have him for future considerations at half the price ;)

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Reactions: 66-30-33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad