Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3, Penguins 2 - Shot: 4 More Years of Jack Mother ******* Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Chaser: 3 more years of Maatta.

FamousUnfoldedCusimanse-max-1mb.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's hard to criticize them for losing 3-2 to a very good team on the 2nd of a back to back, but damn, that one hurts. Simon, Pettersson and JJ were all noticeably bad. Pettersson is playing himself out of the lineup for when Schultz gets healthy, he's taken a spot he should have had on lockdown and threw it out the window.

I thought Bjugstad had another good game and I liked what I saw from McCann again, so that is good. Murray had a strong game outside of that squeaky first goal. You'll win a lot of the time when Murray plays games like these, so I can't really criticize him much.

Reactions: Giskard and Andy99

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
pretty garbage after they failed to get the 3-0 lead. 1st goal was awful from MM but was pretty good after. damage was done tho

1 PP for is a joke.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't care, in fact I hate JMFJ and Maatta, but that game wasn't on them.

f*** whatever that was. Close score, but, the gap between these two teams is a f***ing chasm.

f*** em all. Ruined my night. lol....why'd I think they could pull off another win.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Angrrus and Bingo71

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Meh. 1 really bad period. Fought it out well but was a taxing game.

DReynolds

Oct 13, 2016
I know every backup goalie looks like a f***ing vezina winner vs us. But Garret Sparks may be legit.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Good 1st, good 3rd. Can't have that kind of 2nd period against good teams though.
Remember in 2016 when Pens basically put the game away in the second period. Good times.

Bottom pair on D was pretty scary. Riikola looking pretty good at least.

When was the last time Pens scored a goal with the extra attacker?

Reactions: EightyOne

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Considering:

1. Back to back
2. On the road
3. Against one of the best teams in the league
4. Without Malkin
5. With 2 brand new guys

...I thought it was okay. Rotten 2nd period. Good 1st and 3rd.

Sucks to lose, but I'm okay with it. Not going to go jump off a ledge after this one.

This game and the one against Tampa were encouraging. We can still skate with the best in the league.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jack Johnson is still bad at hockey.

Jim, Jim from the Penguins, needs to make more moves on defense. I think we really need Dzingel. That speed element is sorely lacking and I maybe move Pearson to do it.
Probably cost us a 1st and Pearson. Then Maatta, 1st in 2020, Hallander for an upgrade at D.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I don't care, in fact I hate JMFJ and Maatta, but that game wasn't on them.

**** whatever that was. Close score, but, the gap between these two teams is a ****ing chasm.

**** em all. Ruined my night. lol....why'd I think they could pull off another win.

tenor.gif
Right you are.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I know every backup goalie looks like a ****ing vezina winner vs us. But Garret Sparks may be legit.

Matt Murray was a back up once.

Then the best ever.

.....not sure what his status is now, hopefully Sparks stays good for them...I guess.

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
Tough to beat a system of pick plays and interference...

I like Blueger, kids yet to have made a mistake that I’ve seen. I’d like to see him tried a few shifts in the top 6 before the season is done.

What happened to G?

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Tough 2nd period, 4th game in 6 nights caught up to them. Hopefully Geno is back next game.

Maatta had a rough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->