Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 4th-round (#115) -- C Mikhail Abramov - VICTORIAVILLE QMJHL - 5' 11"/161 LBS

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Been awhile since the leafs drafted a star sleeper pick lighting in a bottle sure but one of these times they will find that late round gem then 3 years of ELC lookout!

Try last year with Robertson at 53. The guy has points in all 12 games since the world juniors and a 11 game goal scoring streak as of today. Some teams passed on him multiple times at that point :)) hahaha i like it

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Not a party pooper at all. You just don't know what context is.

I haven't been able to find any stats of his that are impressive. I've looked at his possession numbers as well, they're just your ordinary run-of-the-mill numbers. Nothing spectacular.

Remember when Bracco and Brooks were hyped? What has become of them? Teams wouldn't trade a 2nd for those guys right now ....

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I haven't been able to find any stats of his that are impressive. I've looked at his possession numbers as well, they're just your ordinary run-of-the-mill numbers. Nothing spectacular.

Remember when Bracco and Brooks were hyped? What has become of them? Teams wouldn't trade a 2nd for those guys right now ....
So are you going to respond to the other posts?
Here is the context

Here is where Abramov ranks on his team in goals, assists and points compared to 2nd place:

Goals - 1st (32)
Assists - 1st (30)
Points - 1st (62)

Here is how many 2nd place has in each:

Goals - 17
Assists - 19
Points - 34

The guy almost has as many goals as the 2nd place guy on his team has points. He's basically by himself making it so Victoriaville isnt one of the worst teams in the entire CHL.

So yeah 60 points in 50 games is extremely impressive when you look at the roster.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
So are you going to respond to the other posts?
Here is the context

Here is where Abramov ranks on his team in goals, assists and points compared to 2nd place:

Goals - 1st (32)
Assists - 1st (30)
Points - 1st (62)

Here is how many 2nd place has in each:

Goals - 17
Assists - 19
Points - 34

The guy almost has as many goals as the 2nd place guy on his team has points. He's basically by himself making it so Victoriaville isnt one of the worst teams in the entire CHL.

So yeah 60 points in 50 games is extremely impressive when you look at the roster.

Good on him. Now the Leafs should request he be traded to a powerhouse team to play with better players and in a winning environment. It can only help his development.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good on him. Now the Leafs should request he be traded to a powerhouse team to play with better players and in a winning environment. It can only help his development.
Leafs are not going to do that. They don't control what another team does.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver

That sounds incredibly illegal. Junior teams are businesses too so if they trade their best player, who would actually come to their games?

The one benefit of abramov remaining with the tigres is that he gets top pp time and top line minutes. Getting traded to another team may not present the same opportunity.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Since people are talking plenty about Robertson, and awesome he's at 50 already... great pick... wanted to update on this kid too.

18F60 games34 goals39 assists73 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
... stat line for Abramov on a brutal team

Only 4 18 year olds in front of him... 1 of them being Lafreniere at the top.

Hopefully this will be a steal of a pick if this kid keeps developing.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
As someone who hasn't had a chance to see this kid play, it would be great to get some actual insight instead of people just saying, "don't just look at his stat line, ya dummy" :laugh:

Not a fast skater but he's strong and very agile on his skates. He is very skilled with a lot of different tools to score or to create chances.

I would say he definitely needs to keep working on his skating and likely develop a high working motor to retrieve pucks. He also tends to play more of a perimeter game, so changing that up would go a long way as well.

A few different clips of his offensive arsenal potential:

Last edited:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Since his team sucks, I imagine they'll either miss the playoffs or be knocked out in the first round.

Would be good for him to be around the Marlies for some time after his Q season ends.

Reactions: uncleben

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Since his team sucks, I imagine they'll either miss the playoffs or be knocked out in the first round.

Would be good for him to be around the Marlies for some time after his Q season ends.

I'd imagine that's what will happen, especially with him signing his ELC today.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
My review on Abramov
Ignoring his questionable scratching, I liked him a lot. He is tough to stop in transition with his creativity and the way he moves around players. Very good offensive tools and creativity to go with his playnaking. Showed off his shot at times but not as much as I wanted. Skates really well but can get a tad quicker. Competes as well. Good at faceoffs which I didn't expect. Should stick at centre. He has that dynamic quality and that "it" factor in him that I feel will result in a very good player. His impression would be higher if he was used propetly, but he still showed a lot.
Excited to see how he looks in the AHL next year.

I say 2 years away and has 2nd line upside.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006

hopefully he gets traded ... hes team is shit
he would be a 100+ point player in the Q if he had better linemates

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
hopefully he gets traded ... hes team is shit
he would be a 100+ point player in the Q if he had better linemates
??? his team won the QMJHL championship last season lmao
VFSpmog.png

Reactions: daethfromabove1979

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad