Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 4th-round (#115) -- C Mikhail Abramov - VICTORIAVILLE QMJHL - 5' 11"/161 LBS

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Mikhail Abramov at eliteprospects.com

Pronman:

Abramov was a huge part of Victoriaville’s offense this season and transitioned to North America well. He’s a great playmaker with high-end vision. Abramov is always looking to make a play. He makes a lot of passes through seams and does so at a quick pace. If anything, he tries a little too much to make the nice play as he passes up shots and stays on the perimeter too much. Abramov has a good shot and getting to shooting opportunities would increase his value. He’s not a stationary player, as he skates quite well and can get by defenders with speed. Some scouts like his compete level, but I would not call him a physical player; and he’s not the biggest player.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I feel like we've had some poor like with Mikhails. :laugh:

Looking forward to seeing what this kid can do!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He played on a pretty bad Victoriaville team where he was 3rd in scoring in his rookie season.

I saw him 2 (or 3?) times and never really stood out offensively but could see his skating and stick handling abilities pretty well. Never really thought much about him today but when we picked him, I was pretty happy.

He reminded me of Bracco in the sense that he'd be a general on the PP and making plays but not overly involved outside of that. He has some very good skating agility and stick handling abilities. He seemed pretty skilled overall as well.

Pretty good value in the 4th and good projection.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
One of my favorite from the QMJHL, he has good upside offensively. Very smart and has excellent vision. More of a playmaker but has a good shot though, he just need to be more consistent and use it more often like he did in the 2nd half of the season. He scored 12 of his 16 goals in the 2nd half of the year. Not much help around him in Victoriaville as well other than Serdyuk. Good pick by the Leafs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
One of my favorite from the QMJHL, he has good upside offensively. Very smart and has excellent vision. More of a playmaker but has a good shot though, he just need to be more consistent and use it more often like he did in the 2nd half of the season. He scored 12 of his 16 goals in the 2nd half of the year. Not much help around him in Victoriaville as well other than Serdyuk. Good pick by the Leafs.
Thanks for the info!

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Ty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->