Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Petes season ticket holder and proud homer- so I have seen a tremendous amount of Nick Roberston and it is pure joy watch this kid.
He is a bit of a Marchand but yet Nick Robertson is 100% his own player- there is no one else like him.
He is super fast ,way tougher than his size, plays above his weight, is very mouthy total grit and all heart. This kid will do anything to get the win.
I can honestly say every game he shocked me- his speed, his stickhandle his abilities are unbelievable!
Maybe he doesn't pass as much as others want him to but why should he?
There is no one else on the Petes can the score like him so why would he pass it to someone who will miss?
There was no one else on the Petes as fast as him either - so who is he supposed to pass to - empty ice?
He’s likely working harder than ever for a shot next training camp because he knows that he is getting close. Sorry you won’t get to watch him another year with the Petes ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Saw him play live once
Bunch of times on tv
Hes thicker than 160
Hopefully we have another young star coming right along. I personally think he is a can’t miss goal scoring winger coming right away on on a ELC. If he can come in and keep up the pace away from the puck defensively he looks like he will score some goals. I only know him through highlights of games,scouting reports etc. So basically nothing. Does he have the pace do you think for nhl? I know he kills penalties also which is great for Ohl star. Everything i heard indicates he has lots a quickness and pace!

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
our 2nd unit PP is pure garbage...he already has the 2nd best shot on our team so just having him at matthews spot on the 2nd PP, a spot he already plays in the ohl, just that is gonna do wonders for us

How is the 2nd pp garbage? It plays for 30 seconds and scores at a decent clip given the time they get. Go on naturalstattrick, and look at the GF/60 and SCF/60 of the 2nd pp guys. Johnsson, Rielly, Spezza, Hyman, Kapanen, Kerfoot. They score and generate chances at a very good clip, especially considering that they only get 30 seconds and some of that time is wasted setting up.

I get people want Robertson on the team, but lets not start making up lies to try and justify him making the team. There are plenty of legitimate reasons for him to do so.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Hyman/Mik Matty Willy/Mitch
Mik/Hyman JT Willy/Mitch
AJ Kerfoot Kappy
Clifford Engvall Barabanov
Spezza
I don't see any room left for Robertson unless there is a trade ... but I hope he has a great camp and Ex games and we have someone for following year when will have to lose a couple minimum ...

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
I think folks may be surprised at how much suffling there is for.the bottom two lines, especially as it seems a nwar certainty that management may opt to retool the blueline.
suggling? nwar? get the hotdog out of your mouth Phil!

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
You'd have to think he was given some guarantees in order to get him to sign. He'll have to look horribly out of place not to break camp with the Team.

Not really. The list of free agent Europeans that went to the Marlies or back to Europe after a couple months is a lot longer than the list of guys who were full-timers.

You can only promise a guy a shot.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not really. The list of free agent Europeans that went to the Marlies or back to Europe after a couple months is a lot longer than the list of guys who were full-timers.

You can only promise a guy a shot.
All cases are different. If 20+ teams are looking at a player, certain guarantees help get the player signed.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hyman/Mik Matty Willy/Mitch
Mik/Hyman JT Willy/Mitch
AJ Kerfoot Kappy
Clifford Engvall Barabanov
Spezza
I don't see any room left for Robertson unless there is a trade ... but I hope he has a great camp and Ex games and we have someone for following year when will have to lose a couple minimum ...
I think we can expect the possibility of trade every time a prospect is knocking at the door with a ELC if they fit all the criteria to replace a player. Robertson kind of fits if we move one or both of Kerfoot and Johnsson. Teams would want Johnsson. Not even going to guess the return/ value but it opens the left wing spot if Robertson shows ready. Plus the cap saving which opens up more flexability etc

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad