Prospect Info: Leafs' 2019 2nd-round (#53) -- LW/C Nicholas Robertson -- OHL - 5' 9"/162lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Look who's sitting at #11 for goals per game right now in the history of the OHL. Only Tanti and Lindros have had a higher rate before their age 19 season.

Screenshot_20200206-041914_Chrome.jpg

For reference Tavares is 17th and Kane is 18th

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
The obvious exception, a lot of nothing names in that list.
Of the guys ahead of Robertson,

Bullard played a decade and had a 51 goal season with 2 40 goal seasons.

Tanti played over a decade with multiple 40 goal seasons

Lindros is obvious

McCauley played nearly a decade

Sheppard played in the NHL for 12 seasons with a 50 goal season

Pearson and Peake played 4-5 years in the league.

Godden and Gatzos are the only two that never really did anything.

Just because they played in the 80's and 90's doesn't make them "nothing names".

Most of these guys at least played in the NHL longer than the average career, and most of them had a few excellent ones at the very least.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Good grief, memory fades. There's three OBVIOUS exceptions to the rule: Sheppard and Tanti were good NHL goalscorers. In fact Sheppard was great for a while. About 600 goals between the two of them.

Because this is about Robertson's goalscoring, obvious, obvious caveat concerning Lindros' health, etc...To place Sheppard in context, Lindros scored 372 career NHL goals. Sheppard scored 357 career NHL goals and 52 in one season. Eric Lindros never broke 50 in a single season (points totals notwithstanding).

I'm on record as saying (and I'm sure there's a lot of us out there who think alike) Eric Lindros was the most dominant junior player I ever saw. But credit where credit's due. Sheppard and Tanti deserve respect. And so does Robertson's little clip here. He's passing the eye test. He's passing the stats test. He was a young draft selection. He's having a great +1. He's Toronto property...

What is there to quibble about?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Good grief, memory fades. There's three OBVIOUS exceptions to the rule: Sheppard and Tanti were good NHL goalscorers. In fact Sheppard was great for a while. About 600 goals between the two of them.

Because this is about Robertson's goalscoring, obvious, obvious caveat concerning Lindros' health, etc...To place Sheppard in context, Lindros scored 372 career NHL goals. Sheppard scored 357 career NHL goals and 52 in one season. Eric Lindros never broke 50 in a single season (points totals notwithstanding).

I'm on record as saying (and I'm sure there's a lot of us out there who think alike) Eric Lindros was the most dominant junior player I ever saw. But credit where credit's due. Sheppard and Tanti deserve respect. And so does Robertson's little clip here. He's passing the eye test. He's passing the stats test. He was a young draft selection. He's having a great +1. He's Toronto property...

What is there to quibble about?

A shockingly measured and actually informative post.

We don't really "do" that here on the Leafs board. Don't let it happen again.

Reactions: GermanLeaf and ITM

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Finished with 2g 3 assists tonight. 13 game goal streak. 14 game point streak. First in goals in the OHL now. Tied actually. He done it in lots less games

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Of the guys ahead of Robertson,

Bullard played a decade and had a 51 goal season with 2 40 goal seasons.

Tanti played over a decade with multiple 40 goal seasons

Lindros is obvious

McCauley played nearly a decade

Sheppard played in the NHL for 12 seasons with a 50 goal season

Pearson and Peake played 4-5 years in the league.

Godden and Gatzos are the only two that never really did anything.

Just because they played in the 80's and 90's doesn't make them "nothing names".

Most of these guys at least played in the NHL longer than the average career, and most of them had a few excellent ones at the very least.

I’m a Windsor native, and Ernie Godden is legend here. Guy scored 87 goals in ‘80-‘81

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
And he was months premature. His dad didn’t know about the towers until he was trying to donate blood to his son. And the lines were full

I am not going to ask how and why you know this

btw, those announcers were great. They sounded like true Pros. Doesn't Rogers ever listen/ watch those guys?

They are miles ahead of Millen

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Well over a goal per game and yet only one hat trick?? He'll fit right in with Auston :sarcasm:

Seriously though, as much as I'm a big proponent in the adage "an assist is worth as much as a goal", I feel like at the junior level, goal scoring is often a much bigger indicator of future success. To be producing at this rate, this soon, as a late second is pretty unprecedented

Reactions: stickty111

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I am not going to ask how and why you know this

btw, those announcers were great. They sounded like true Pros. Doesn't Rogers ever listen/ watch those guys?

They are miles ahead of Millen

Oh it’s not inside info. I’m not family. It was in an athletic article.

Reactions: fahad203 and 7even
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad