Prospect Info: Leafs 2018 3rd Rd Draft Pick (#76 OA via STL) - Semyon Der-Arguchintsev (5'10", 159 lbs, C, OHL)

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Damn, did we get ahead of ourselves thinking this kid was a steal? Having an even worse season than last year despite Peterborough being significantly better.

6 goals, 44 points in 59 games, -14
While he may not have a lot of goals this season, he still has 38 assists(3 back of team lead) which is 1 away from last years mark in 9 less games . He's young, most kids aren't a finished prospect when they're only 18 . Let this kid develop for the Marlies for a couple years, not everyone has to be in the NHL as a teenager. The Leafs have plenty of depth to allow kids like him develop at their own pace, then they will re-evaluate how he is in a couple years time. It's simply too early to tell if he's a bust or not

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Lol he's regressed in one of his most important years. He will never be anywhere near the NHL

Once

Jul 16, 2010
I'm still hopeful. I think he will thrive with the Marlies organization and our training personnel. He is the prototypical Leafs/Dubas-type player.

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Not trying to be a debbie downer but he has 6 goals, is 6th on the team in scoring, is still incredibly undersized. It's going to take years of development before he's even ready for the AHL. Odds are about 1/10000 he plays in the NHL ever.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Not trying to be a debbie downer but he has 6 goals, is 6th on the team in scoring, is still incredibly undersized. It's going to take years of development before he's even ready for the AHL. Odds are about 1/10000 he plays in the NHL ever.
Debbie Downer

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Personally I was never sold on him, Russians and Maple Leafs don't really mix well, minus a few exceptions.

Would love it if I'm wrong though

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Just a bump. SDA is off to a wicked start. 7 assists in 2 games. Looks poised for a tremendous season. His vision for the ice is awesome, even if he gives up the puck here and there. He is looking like the same player from leafs camp. Hopefully he continues.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Early days still, but more than a few folks on here have a healthy helping of crow to eat as this guy continues to develop.

It's just 2 games but that looks a lot more like the player that we've seen in training camp, development camps, with the Growlers, and rookie camps.

I have no idea how he could have been as bad as his numbers were last year but he just turned 19 last week so he has plenty of time to develop.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Obviously.

Read the post I quoted
I did. My point is there are many ways to be successful.
People were calling him a bust and a wasted pick. Success for SDA might not even equate to NHL level, he could return something in trade or become a valuable piece with the marlies. Who knows at this point? But the post you replied to was touching on the posts that were calling him a bust last season and he is looking like anything other than that now. He is looking like he will have some value in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad