Prospect Info: Leafs 2017 6th Rd Pick (#172 OA) - Ryan McGregor - 6'0" 159lbs C\LW - Sarnia (OHL)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
According to hunter they realised he had a bad year, but they liked some aspects about his game and believe that he can turn into something. So it's not like they are ignoring he had a not so hot year but he can over come it,

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
This late in the draft, I trust Hunter and scouts are identifying potential 3rd/4th line role players.

Our star players will be locked in and we'll likely trade 3rd and 4th line guys once they are up for big contracts.

They need replacements.

I'm ok with this pick. I trust our guys.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
According to Brock (OHL Prospects), he is one of the fastest kids in OHL, however lacks strength. Could be nice find, if he can gain strength.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I'm looking at this like the reverse of the Brooks pick (picking a guy before he's shown it rather than after 3 years of eligibility. Hunter expects more.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

it was a day ryan mcgregor had thought about since he first laced up his skates as a young kid in burlington, and it couldn’t have went any better for the sarnia sting forward.

For as long as he can remember, it was mcgregor’s dream to be drafted into the nhl, and when he found out it was his childhood team that selected him in the sixth round, safe to say he was ecstatic.

“i was hoping i’d get drafted, but you never really know what’s going to happen come draft day. Some guys get taken higher, and some slide down and down get drafted at all. I was relieved when i finally heard my name called, you work so hard all year, and you’ve been working towards this point for years.â€Â

“that fact that it was the leafs who drafted me makes it all the more special.â€Â
the draft process can be a long one for potential nhl prospects, overall mcgregor says he enjoyed the experience but is happy to put it behind him.

“it was a very exciting process, it’s also a bit stressful, it is a nice feeling know that it’s over with, i don’t have that stress. I’m a maple leafs prospect now and that’s who i’m working towards playing for.â€Â

mcgregor says the maple leafs have mailed him his draft jersey, and although he’s looking forward to its arrival, he has plenty of blue and white to wear in the meantime.

“it hasn’t arrived yet, i’m really excited for it to come, but i also have about six or seven leafs jerseys at home, but this one is a bit more special.â€Â

what’s up now for the recently drafted mcgregor? He’ll head to toronto’s development camp in early july with hopes of being invited to the team’s rookie tournament in the fall.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
A highlight-montage for.. Ryan McGregor (#19)..., who plays Center position with the 2016-17 Sarnia Sting.., in the OHL..
and just drafted by the Leafs, in the 2017 NHL entry draft...

Ryan_McGregor_Twitter.jpg

Ryan McGregor
Center -- shoots L
Born Jan 29 1999 -- Burlington, ONT
18 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 157

Drafted by Toronto Maple Leafs
Round 6 (#172 overall ) - 2017 NHL Entry Draft

RECENT STATS:

2015-16 - Sarnia Sting - OHL
58 Games... 11 Goals... 13 Assists... 24 Point... +8
------------------------------------------------------------------
2016 OHL PLAYOFFS
7 Games... 1 Goal... 0 Assists... 1 Point... +/- 0
*2016-17 - Sarnia Sting - OHL
65 Games... 14 Goal... 13 Assists... 27 Points... -1
*2017 OHL PLAYOFFS
4 Games... 1 Goal... 1 Assist... 2 Points... -3

Clips include: Most of Ryan's goals & some of his assists, from the 2016-17 season..; clips from a July 10th interview,..
while at Leaf's Rookie Camp.... and a few other 2016-2017 clips & photos...

McGregor Flash: Ryan McGregor 2016-17 Highlights - TML 2017 Draft Pick (HD)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->