Leafs’ boast strong contingent in Subway Super Series

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Scott Wheeler
11/04/2013
Annually, the Subway Super Series pits the CHL’s best young players
against a team comprised of Russian prospects and hopeful draftees in a six game series.The Super Series is one of a select few chances throughout the year for scouts to get a look not only at how their prospects are series, which starts on November 18th in Gatineau, will stop in Sherbrooke, Oshawa, Sudbury, and Red Deer before finishing in Lethbridge on November 28th. When the rosters for the CHL’s Super Series rolled out recently there were five names that popped out for the Leafs and their faithful.

http://www.wewantacup.com/headlines/1921-leafs-strong-contingent-in-subway-super-series-has-weight

subway%20series%20frederik_gauthier.jpg

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Our "elite" prospect pool has shrinked with some nhl promotions... It's a good thing the scouting staff managed to find a few gems in later rounds to help fill the void

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Let's hope we find a gem.

We threw away a lot of picks , a first for Biggs for example or a 2nd for Ross. Many even questioned whether Devane was worth a 3rd. It has left a bit of a hole in the organization. Burke was more interested in building up the Leafs grit and character and went a bit overkill on the size over skill. It was a strange rebuild that left us needing one more elite prospect at forward. I doubt Gauthier is it but he does help us. I hope we have a gem buried in these late picks because I doubt we draft high enough to score one(in the first) for a long ,long time.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
We threw away a lot of picks , a first for Biggs for example or a 2nd for Ross. Many even questioned whether Devane was worth a 3rd. It has left a bit of a hole in the organization. Burke was more interested in building up the Leafs grit and character and went a bit overkill on the size over skill. It was a strange rebuild that left us needing one more elite prospect at forward. I doubt Gauthier is it but he does help us. I hope we have a gem buried in these late picks because I doubt we draft high enough to score one(in the first) for a long ,long time.

kadri is an elite prospect? not that ive seen gauthier play regularly but people are underrating him a lot imo. Hindsight is always 20/20 but i like the biggs pick, ross is a next tucker.... tbh he didn't rebuild the leafs lmao... and why do u need elite prospects when u have elite players on ur NHL team?

and some dark horse prospects imo(that went outside the first round):

Connor Brown
Verhagea (sp?)
Leivo

samyy

Apr 14, 2009
ross is a next tucker...and why do u need elite prospects when u have elite players on ur NHL team?

Say what now :laugh:
You have elite prospects because of:
A) They will eventually take over some of the elite players on the main roster
B) They are incredibly valuable assets you can move for positions of need
C) Can be used as great call ups, especially looking at our situation if we had an elite centre prospect this would be prime time to see what he could do. Look at Zibanejad/Galchenyuk in Ottawa/Montreal. Heck even Monahan. Kids come in, you pay them very little and you hope they can become #1/2 guys in the org.
D) why the **** would you not want more talent in the organization? that makes zero sense :lol

Also calling Ross the next Tucker? Ross hasn't even played an NHL game yet, lets see if he can even make the roster before calling him the next Tucker.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
kadri is an elite prospect? not that ive seen gauthier play regularly but people are underrating him a lot imo. Hindsight is always 20/20 but i like the biggs pick, ross is a next tucker.... tbh he didn't rebuild the leafs lmao... and why do u need elite prospects when u have elite players on ur NHL team?

Connor Brown
Verhagea (sp?)
Leivo

This^ Connor Brown and Verhaghe are both going to be studs IMO. They are ripping apart the O this season. I think Verhaghe has the mosts potential out of the 3. And the good news is that he's a true center. He's not someone who plays wing and plays center at times, he is a pure playing making center and a prospect like him we haven't had in a very long time.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Also I'd love for us to avoid trading picks to move up anymore. It seems there's always one round of the draft where we move picks to move up...just stick to our position and draft the BPA. At the time I liked the Biggs and Ross picks but both of them haven't developed the way I'd like. I'm willing to give both more time but they have to start picking it up. Biggs is only 20 granted..but he has 1 point in 10 games..for his size he should be producing a lot more.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Scott Wheeler
11/04/2013
Annually, the Subway Super Series pits the CHL’s best young players
against a team comprised of Russian prospects and hopeful draftees in a six game series.The Super Series is one of a select few chances throughout the year for scouts to get a look not only at how their prospects are series, which starts on November 18th in Gatineau, will stop in Sherbrooke, Oshawa, Sudbury, and Red Deer before finishing in Lethbridge on November 28th. When the rosters for the CHL’s Super Series rolled out recently there were five names that popped out for the Leafs and their faithful.

http://www.wewantacup.com/headlines/1921-leafs-strong-contingent-in-subway-super-series-has-weight

subway%20series%20frederik_gauthier.jpg

Nonis looks like a proud papa in that photo lol

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Say what now :laugh:
You have elite prospects because of:
A) They will eventually take over some of the elite players on the main roster
B) They are incredibly valuable assets you can move for positions of need
C) Can be used as great call ups, especially looking at our situation if we had an elite centre prospect this would be prime time to see what he could do. Look at Zibanejad/Galchenyuk in Ottawa/Montreal. Heck even Monahan. Kids come in, you pay them very little and you hope they can become #1/2 guys in the org.
D) why the **** would you not want more talent in the organization? that makes zero sense :lol

Also calling Ross the next Tucker? Ross hasn't even played an NHL game yet, lets see if he can even make the roster before calling him the next Tucker.
No one knows what kind of prospect you have though. Sure there can be guys who have that "sexy" label attached to them but hardly does that mean they will be successful .

You contradict yourself though. First you say they will take over your elite players on the main roster yet you want to move them for positional needs? Shouldn't they be the ones filling in those needs you have? Thats kind of how drafting tends to work most of the time.

So you can't make comparisons to players just because they haven't made the NHL yet? Did you call people stupid for saying Crosby is the"next one" yet never played in the NHL? No so why should this be any different? Its not as if someone is saying Ross is going to be a 40 goal scorer

How can they be waste picks if they're still incredibly young? Were picks for Lucic and Krejci wasted because they weren't touted for the first round? Of course not. They're considered gems now because they were picked later on, but thats just the thing with drafts, you just never know what you're getting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad