Leaf Talk - With Andy Frost?

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Couldn't disagree more with that. Bowen used to be a reasonable homer, now he's a pathetic shill. He spends half of every game whining about non-calls of what he deems to be penalties against the other team. I've gone from loving him to just hating his voice over the last ten years or so. Huge, huge change from his glory days.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of that is simply because the team has been sucking so much.

That said, I haven't heard the whining about non-calls you're claiming here. That said, I haven't listened to him call a game on the radio in a while, so maybe he just tones it down a little on the TV. :dunno:

OilJuice

Dec 28, 2011
Jan 14th

Andy Frost twitter

"Post Game Show on @am640, starting on Sat night, will be called just that, "The Post Game Show". Looking forward to the calls."

https://twitter.com/AndyFrostQ107

Holy smokes, he is back! Thanks for the info. All the previous shows are again downloadable on the am640 page too. Yet to listen to them but I assume Mike in Buffalo, Dave in Vacouver, die hard Frank, presence of Tim Cheveldae and the the rest of the old gang are back. Happy days :handclap:

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Maybe if he actually listened to the callers opinions instead of rewording them into his own it might be a good show.The guy barely lets someone finish a sentence.He's great on Q107 though.

AF was brutal , he is as bad as Mike Wilner.

MapleLeafistan*

I loved the callers into his show...90% were all drunk trolls! LOL

0:26 - aliens in Buffalo
3:08 - IT WASN'T WORKING!
6:59 - MGWAD
8:15 - good ol' Canadian boys
10:06 - Naz says Kessel is like Chevede
14:22 - boy he's just about to snap
16:33 - he's starting to lose it, I think
17:55 - MIB afraid of Sabres fans
19:36 - Dick in Vaughan
21:03 - Kyle
23:36 - dial tone
28:05 - Dutch pulled over by the police
28:43 - Duff in Whitby
29:03 - Dave in Vancouver x2
30:45 - sign aki berg
32:12 - john radio blasted
34:13 - sonu
36:32: russell, pay your phone bill

InterceptSchenn

Good Evening MrFrost
Jan 15, 2012
Montreal
I loved the callers into his show...90% were all drunk trolls! LOL

0:26 - aliens in Buffalo
3:08 - IT WASN'T WORKING!
6:59 - MGWAD
8:15 - good ol' Canadian boys
10:06 - Naz says Kessel is like Chevede
14:22 - boy he's just about to snap
16:33 - he's starting to lose it, I think
17:55 - MIB afraid of Sabres fans
19:36 - Dick in Vaughan
21:03 - Kyle
23:36 - dial tone
28:05 - Dutch pulled over by the police
28:43 - Duff in Whitby
29:03 - Dave in Vancouver x2
30:45 - sign aki berg
32:12 - john radio blasted
34:13 - sonu
36:32: russell, pay your phone bill

god bless your soul. I love this video. Made a few appearances on Frost's show myself, fair to say I rattled his cage a bit :laugh::laugh:

hockeyfanz*

Good riddence to Andy Frost who was one of those annoying MLSE homeristic biased boot licking tools they have in abundance on Leafs broadcasts that i can't stand. Frost was just as pathetic as Bowen Millen Hendricks Ralph Dumblevy McGill and Osborne they should all be dumped they suck. Unbiased objective commentary is better.

And hopefully the FAN 590 post game show won't be hosted by that hack Vito from Woodbridge.

Hahaha...nice post...$#@% Andy Frost....to me he has a contrived voice...and he is quite annoying...like Joe Bowen. I cannot argue with your list of horrific broadcasters. Many fans enjoy these tools..especially Bowen. I read in another post that Harry Neale is returning to do games as Bowens color man. That will definitely make things more bearable. Neale is an awesome color man. HNIC really misses him.

MapleLeafistan*

I never really listened to hear what Andy had to say...I just loved to listen in when we lost. It would be like the world just ended...the callers would be irate! ROFL...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Neither the Hewitts or any of the other guys you just mentioned are employed by the teams they commentate. You don't watch local broadcasts of the NFL or European soccer.

Seriously, next time Bowen does a game, find a stream or the other teams' broadcast and see for yourself.

Other teams are much worse...I watch many games on center ice and because of black outs I had to watch the other teams broadcasts.....wow is all that I can say.

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
McGill has this 1000 yard stare, right into the camera when the other guy is talking, it's a little unnerving.

LeafsFIO*

Drunk Kyle was the absolute best. I think he was on the Fan or some call-in show after the Leafs got eliminated and his rant was an absolute beauty. Just rambling about nothing for minutes on end, not finishing any of his sentences, practically bawling his eyes out.

"Ok Kyle, you get better alright? Get some rest."

saint2e

Aug 4, 2005
Kitchener, Ontario
So, I read last season that AM 640 will no longer be doing Leaf Talk and that TSN will be taking over. Sad to see Mr.Frost lose his job. Long time listener. Any idea who will be replacing him?

Where will "Mike from Buffalo" call in, if Andy Frost is no longer doing Leaf Talk?!? ;)

Edit: Eugh. Just realized this is a horrible old thread that was recently resurrected from the dead. Sorry for my part in this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad