Leaf Deadline Deals you were most excited about

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I remember being excited when they got Doug Gilmour in 2003 because prior to that I had tickets to what would have been his first game back in Toronto, since the Leafs were in Western Canada during the trade deadline that year.

Reactions: uncleben

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I was pretty pumped when we traded for Boyle -- not because of the player. But the fact that we were finally good enough to go for it after years of being sightly less than mediocre, to complete utter garbage.

Was Leetch at the TDL? Also pretty pumped when they traded for him. Also that whole 2003 TDL...

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Bringing back my favourite Leaf, Wendel Clark. I always liked Mike Gartner, though it was tough to trade Glenn Anderson. Adding a number of future HOFers over consecutive playoff runs (Housley, Gilmour, Francis, Leetch). Acquiring a playoff experienced vet in Brian Boyle from a divisional rival, with the roles of buyer and seller the opposite of what I would have anticipated.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Those were some loaded deadlines in back to back years.

2002-03 we got Owen Nolan, Glen Wesley, Phil Housley and Doug Gilmour.

2003-04 added Leetch and Ron Francis.

This for sure.

And, at the time, I was pretty excited about the Phaneuf trade especially considering what the Leafs gave up to get him

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Reactions: CelticDruid

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Right before we got screwed by the lockout and that revised lottery system that didn't acknowledge how much our team, in particular, was going to get screwed moving forward by the new cap era.....I really thought it was our year when we got Leetch and Francis. I remember Leetch said something to the effect of McCabe being the best player/partner he ever played with and I completely bought into the kool aid at the time. I was also a lot younger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad