Leaf Chemistry - past and present.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Was just thinking about how most of Toronto's players have pretty much had similar results no matter who've they been playing with. Tavares scored slightly better with Marner... but I wouldn't call it some remarkable performance. Maybe defensively it was worst? Perhaps some of this is the lack of dimensions on the Leaf's roster to put together pieces of a puzzle that complement each other?

What would you say were some lines Toronto's had that ended up being much better then the sum of their parts?
eg: Damphousse/Fergus/Marois, or Osborne/Olczyk/Leeman

Do you see any possible combo that could hit new heights?

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
If we're talking about lines that played way above their heads, Macarthur-Grabo-Kulemin was the first one that came to mind.

In terms of shutting down other teams top lines Komarov-Kadri-Brown was also good

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Marleau-Kadri-Marner were awesome together.
I know Marleau took a lot of heat, because his name kind of represented a high-end scoring talent which he was starting to fall short on, and of course there was also the cap hit.
But think he didn't do that bad of a job of taking a chances that he couldn't recover from either. He might not of been scoring as much as the past, but he was also
not letting a huge amount of chances against either. While everyone was praising some of the Leaf top scorers with the horrible plus/minus figures, Marleau at the end of the day
was also putting out more damage then taking in. Think Marleau if he could of done it all over would of worked more on his defensive game throughout his career and think he
might of been a good influence with Matthews and Marner. Those two kids were much better defensively and took a lot less risky chances.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Osborne-Zezel-Berg
We were 4 lines before New Jersey rolled 4 lines and before Draper/Maltby/Kocur for Detroit.
This was the Cizikas/Clutterbuck/Martin line before it was in fashion.

Man I miss that construct of a team. The time was too short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad