Post-Game Talk: Leader of Men (And Panthers) Visit The World Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I missed most of this game. I only saw the first period and the last few minutes of the 3rd and overtime. I did notice that Eller had a goal and an assist. Good for him.
I didnt read through the entire thread but I'd expect some here were pumping him up.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I missed most of this game. I only saw the first period and the last few minutes of the 3rd and overtime. I did notice that Eller had a goal and an assist. Good for him.
I didnt read through the entire thread but I'd expect some here were pumping him up.

Oh don't you just know it! And it seems Bura should be off the trading block as well ;)

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
LOL - the Pens are missing a couple of key players. And they lost to the best team in the league.
The Caps struggled to get a loser point against a team that's 11 points out of the playoffs

Panthers are on their annual "we can play well after we are already out of it" run they always make.

They have just beaten the Leafs, Preds and Sharks in order, then the Knights, Pens and Caps.

Never underestimate what a team can do when people are playing for jobs.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I think there’s a large enough sample size to come to a conclusion that the undisciplined penalties are more than a statistical aberration. It’s the same team with essentially one significant change.

I don’t think it’s a matter of benching guys. I think there needs to be a shift in what they’re asking of their forwards in the offensive zone.

What change? They spent even more time shorthanded last season than this one.

We just have players who habitually commit stick fouls.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
LOL - the Pens are missing a couple of key players. And they lost to the best team in the league.
The Caps struggled to get a loser point against a team that's 11 points out of the playoffs

I don't care about the ugly birds only the pretty ones.
13986913202291.gif

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Oh don't you just know it! And it seems Bura should be off the trading block as well ;)
Bura could score 5 goals in one game and I'd still say trade him because you know you will have to wait 20 games until he shows up again.

Reactions: Heath

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Pens are missing Malkin, Schultz and Murray what's the Caps excuse? ;)

I don't think Caps need an excuse. They've been playing well since the break.

Nothing wrong with this loss. Three really tough deflection goals against. Third really solid game in a row for Holtby. 3rd line really stepped up in a game where the whole top-6 was pretty poopy. Unfortunate penalty by Connolly but was a major reason that game was tied in the first place.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Washington seems to have a lack of discipline too often this season. I’ve seen signs of Todd trying to get their heads straight by disciplining certain players in-game for certain penalties that are unacceptable when they happen over and over again - stick penalties in the offensive zone. I do wonder if BMac has also tried to have Todd set the players straight when it comes to a lack of discipline. Quite a bit of the penalties that they’ve taken lately have been stupid, undisciplined, and lazy.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC

Nothing wrong with this loss. Three really tough deflection goals against. Third really solid game in a row for Holtby. 3rd line really stepped up in a game where the whole top-6 was pretty poopy. Unfortunate penalty by Connolly but was a major reason that game was tied in the first place.
We watch the Caps every game and get lulled into the way they are playing. That's why I like to listen to the opponents broadcasting crews critique our team. The Florida crew were somewhat shocked at how we don't flow from player to player, how slow we looked, and we have no pace to our game..and they are right. We just aren't a very good team right now. If we think the team is playing good we have really dropped our expectations for them imo.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

Yeah, I was kidding. Wasn't pretty but Caps got a point, that is the name of the game in today's NHL. Just keeping racking up points. Down by two in the third and came back, another good thing.

Also, getting the third line going is HUGE, and DJ Oos looked decent in his return.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 10.50.02 PM.png

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
After the home game on Monday against LA, the Caps go on the road to the following:
Blue Jackets
Sharks
Ducks
Kings
Leafs
Sabres

Boys better get some rest and buckle their chin straps tight these next 7 games.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Few tough goals. Thought we played well. The call on cono was an obvious make up for the blown icing that lead to the kuzy goal. Glad we snuck a point out of this one. Go caps.
Disagree, thought that was an easy call against Conno with the slash.

I liked seeing signs of life from the 3rd line and after switching back to the Stanley Cup top 6, but the team D still doesn't look right.

Reactions: Capitals40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad