Signing(s): Le’Veon Bell with the Jets (4 years, $52.5 million)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Dicked himself out of what, like 15 or so million because he refused to take the Steelers offer?

Looks good on him. Idiot.

Reactions: Daz28

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dicked himself out of what, like 15 or so million because he refused to take the Steelers offer?

Looks good on him. Idiot.

Depends on what he would have gotten after another season of 400+ touches of wear and tear. Probably did lose out in the end but not my problem :P

As a Jet fan I'm more bemused than anything else at this point. Not exactly a big believer in the pay a RB philosophy and don't like the whole sitting out nonsense but who the **** else were they going to pay? And the deal's not the onerous contract I was expecting.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Bell ends up taking a minor financial hit, but more than anything this is likely a major legacy hit. He could have played 3-4 more years in Pittsburgh and probably gone down as the top RB of the era and a future HoFer because of the situation. Now, who knows.

Very reasonable deal for the Jets, but I've said for two years I have serious questions about Bell's rushing ability. Can't break big plays on the ground and now is playing behind a new OL in a new system. He'll be great on 3rd downs, but James Conner was an upgrade running the ball last years for the Steelers so don't expect Bell to be anything special on the ground.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
not a bad deal for the Jets , really.

doesn't really change anything for the franchise in terms of making any legitimate noise , but it'll help Darnold's development.

Sep 19, 2008
Darnold and competent RB in backfield. Plus Crowder.

Massive D improvement

Jets could win 8 games this year. Obviously Pats division to lose but I could see the Jets finishing second.

Pats

Jets

Dolphins

Bills :laugh:

Reactions: Voight

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lolwut

he took less money to play for the jets? i mean, it was obvious he wasn't very smart but come on.

I seriously doubt he took less money, especially after this

Clearly his market wasn't what people (including him) thought it would be

Reactions: Voight
Sep 19, 2008
Not to sound hypocritical but JFC pro sports athletes (mostly NFL and NBA) are ridiculously overpaid

You see less complaints about a NHL contract than the rest. But MLB man...Bryce Harper got paid 350million dollars. 350 million. That's insane.

In comparison, Tavares got 7 years and 77 million from the Leafs.

:laugh:

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Good move for Darnold anyways. Not a fan of paying top dollar for free agent RB's/WR's but Bell will certainly help the offense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Steelers @ Jets this year.

the 26/2 thing of most value to the Jets. As I said in the Mosley thread, Jets can pay for people since the QB is on his rookie deal. If Darnold is real, it's about a 2-3 year window to get something done on the field here. With that said, it's still the Jets

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Darnold and competent RB in backfield. Plus Crowder.

Massive D improvement

Jets could win 8 games this year. Obviously Pats division to lose but I could see the Jets finishing second.

Pats

Jets

Dolphins

Bills :laugh:
You cannot throw shade at the Bills and not include the Dolphins or the Jets. In fact, Buffalo seems to have much better management than either of those teams. Time will tell, but the Bills had a great offseason so far. Beane is a smart man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->