LD Yegor Rykov - Severstal Cherepovets, KHL (2016, 132nd, NJD; traded to NYR)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Maybe break was the wrong word, if there was an out to the contract in the final year. To be honest, CSKA sort of owes us for stealing Kovalchuk from us.

To be honest the NHL owes us all for stealing all our players for nothing for 25+years. Hilarious how people are still pissed about Kovalchuk leaving without breaking a single rule.

On a serious note: it is way to early for Rykov to leave. He needs at lest a couple of years more in Russia to become a regular KHL D-man to eat up minutes. He is on a good way there. Let him walk this path. A jump to NA now would cause nothing but disturbance in his development.

Last edited:

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I honestly wonder how he would be viewed if he was in NA or on a lesser KHL team.

He absolutely has significant upside.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I honestly wonder how he would be viewed if he was in NA or on a lesser KHL team.

He absolutely has significant upside.
As I see it it is tough for players to demand to be moved by SKA. Playing for the NT coach, having aboveaverage contracts...

Rykov sure would get a much bigger role on a team not called SKA or CSKA.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hopefully he gets bored playing for that team and wants to play as soon as next season in North America and NJ can work something out with SKA. Maybe NJ sends Lovejoy to Russia?
Russia has plenty of timber, no need to ship it from that far away.

Considering it's SKA NJ will be lucky to get in 2019. And at this point I'd say 2021 or 22 is more likely.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
recently been playing for vhl, although good to see he picks up 3 assists in 3 games (we know he has better vision et passing skills than his khl stats and usage show), but why being sent down ? anyone who knows or seen his play ?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
recently been playing for vhl, although good to see he picks up 3 assists in 3 games (we know he has better vision et passing skills than his khl stats and usage show), but why being sent down ? anyone who knows or seen his play ?

Good thing IMO. Makes for a shift to NJ much easier.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

There was an international break in the KHL, he played for SKA in Vladivostok yesterday.

Reactions: monsieurthibz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->