LD Vladislav Syomin - Rubin Tyumen, VHL (2016 undrafted)

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Noticed him first at the Sochi tournament in May, he stood out with his physicality. Likes to hit, although some of his hits are borderline or even dirty, which results in some penalty minutes. As a really big kid (6'3" and 214 lbs I believe is the last updated measurement) he isn't extremely mobile, but definitely doesn't look like a pylon to me. Has a strong shot, so I'm not highly surprised by his goals, although I had expected him to use his mighty slapper.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Sond
Noticed him first at the Sochi tournament in May, he stood out with his physicality. Likes to hit, although some of his hits are borderline or even dirty, which results in some penalty minutes. As a really big kid (6'3" and 214 lbs I believe is the last updated measurement) he isn't extremely mobile, but definitely doesn't look like a pylon to me. Has a strong shot, so I'm not highly surprised by his goals, although I had expected him to use his mighty slapper.

Sounds similar to Emelin. Only bigger and more offensive.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
How is his hockey IQ? I understand that he takes dumb penalties sometimes but aside from that, does he think the game well?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Sond

Sounds similar to Emelin. Only bigger and more offensive.

I think Emelin's playing style is different, to me the comparison here would be Tryamkin scaled down to a size of a human.

How is his hockey IQ? I understand that he takes dumb penalties sometimes but aside from that, does he think the game well?

Well, those penalties are not exactly dumb, I think those are from a not refined yet physical game. Overall it's hard to tell, I think he is making progress, which at least means he is coachable. Also so far I liked his positioning.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think Emelin's playing style is different, to me the comparison here would be Tryamkin scaled down to a size of a human.

Well, those penalties are not exactly dumb, I think those are from a not refined yet physical game. Overall it's hard to tell, I think he is making progress, which at least means he is coachable. Also so far I liked his positioning.

Tryamkin is a pylon though, so it's pretty sad if thats what he is.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB

Hmm good to hear. Everything I've heard about this kid sounds good and he has the numbers to back it up. Does it look like he holds NHL capabilities in his future?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Hmm good to hear. Everything I've heard about this kid sounds good and he has the numbers to back it up. Does it look like he holds NHL capabilities in his future?

Really hard to tell at this point, if his development goes well, I'd say there is a good chance, but again, at this point we are talking more about rather raw tools, toolbox is still in progress.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's played two games for SKA so far this season. Both games he only got about five minutes, but for a young defensemen at SKA just getting into the rotation is impressive.

I think he'll be drafted in the next draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad