LD Vladislav Gavrikov (2015, 159th, CBJ)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
money or the ahl? hm...

He was almost assured a spot in the NHL. I wish the Jackets signed him and gave him a chance to make the club, and if he didn't they could send him back to KHL. It would have been a win win for everyone, that is if he wanted to play in the NHL. I guess we'll see in 2 years.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't understand this.

The Olympics has little glory without the top players. Obviously not a bad thing to participate in, but bigger than winning the Stanley Cup? Not even close.

And this is a guy who is good, he would've went over to the NHL, and stuck in an NHL lineup for an up and coming team.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I don't understand this.

The Olympics has little glory without the top players. Obviously not a bad thing to participate in, but bigger than winning the Stanley Cup? Not even close.

And this is a guy who is good, he would've went over to the NHL, and stuck in an NHL lineup for an up and coming team.

It's 'Olympics + good money + probable KHL championship + NHL after 2 years (when he hopefully will be even more ready)' Vs. 'NHL now (not without a chance to spend some time in a press box) + ELC money'.

And yes, the Olympics are still the Olympics, even the 1992 champions representing that strange CIS team are still the Olympic champions.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Assuming he has success in SKA, I don't see why he would leave them for an ELC. He will get even more money thrown at him in 2 years as a better player.

I hope I'm wrong, but I thought he was coming over this year so.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Assuming he has success in SKA, I don't see why he would leave them for an ELC. He will get even more money thrown at him in 2 years as a better player.

Well, it depends on what he wants, look at guys like Shipachyov, Mironov, Antipin etc., they also could make a better money in KHL than they got now.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

The KHL is gonna fight SKA and CSKA and their unlimited budgets, so the league is gonna implement a hard salary cap like in the NHL (right now it's a soft one, like in the NBA with much softer penalties for going above), and the cap will go down.

I doubt a lot of KHL stars will stay in the league in 2-3 years.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The KHL is gonna fight SKA and CSKA and their unlimited budgets, so the league is gonna implement a hard salary cap like in the NHL (right now it's a soft one, like in the NBA with much softer penalties for going above), and the cap will go down.

I doubt a lot of KHL stars will stay in the league in 2-3 years.

Star players will have no problem to get their money or more after reforms. Average and worse players will have serious problem, but they wont go to NA.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Sucks that he isn't coming over now, but Columbus has plenty of options on the blueline. Gavrikov can slot in seamlessly in a couple seasons once we've (likely) moved on from Johnson and Murray.

Werenski-Jones
Carlsson-Savard
Gavrikov-Nutivaara

That's a damn good D group in 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->