LD Simon Forsmark - Örebro HK J20, SuperElit (2022, 101st, CAR)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Completely missed that he debuted early November and has gotten ice time in 2 more games(including their latest one) since then. Guess I should keep an eye on Örebro more going forward.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Telling that the only goal Sweden scored was due to individual effort of a defensive defenseman

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is putting together a pretty nice draft season resume, but not really getting much hype at all. Why is that?

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
He is putting together a pretty nice draft season resume, but not really getting much hype at all. Why is that?

No idea. I think there’s a good possibility he goes in the 10-20 range. Great defensively and putting up solid numbers as well.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
He's ranked as a 1st rounder on almost every list, so he's definitely getting recognition from professional scouts. But 1 assist in the SHL doesn't get message board fanboys excited.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's ranked as a 1st rounder on almost every list, so he's definitely getting recognition from professional scouts. But 1 assist in the SHL doesn't get message board fanboys excited.

He was 31st on Bobs list and didn’t make HPs recent ranking at all (top 31).

Getting 20 games in the SHL in your draft year is good. 25 pts in 22 games in J20 as a defenseman is good (better than Salomonsson and Odelius).

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Getting 20 games in the SHL in your draft year is good. 25 pts in 22 games in J20 as a defenseman is good (better than Salomonsson and Odelius).

He's over 10 months older than Salomonsson which, while I don't think should ever be considered a "main" reason to value somebody - is quite a difference for two guys in the same draft. I think scouts are naturally inclined to figure that in to some degree. His numbers look a bit less impressive when compared to other 2003's...he missed last year's draft by like a month.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan

I agree with you that he should be recognized and what he has accomplished is somewhat impressive, I was simply giving my opinion as to why his thread likely isn't busier.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's over 10 months older than Salomonsson which, while I don't think should ever be considered a "main" reason to value somebody - is quite a difference for two guys in the same draft. I think scouts are naturally inclined to figure that in to some degree. His numbers look a bit less impressive when compared to other 2003's...he missed last year's draft by like a month.

Good point, I haven’t really seen him play outside of the U18 (where I don’t recall him standing out one way or another) so I am just trying to see if there is a “good reason” he’s not ranked higher with what he’s accomplished… like a significant flaw with his skating, etc.

I agree with you that he should be recognized and what he has accomplished is somewhat impressive, I was simply giving my opinion as to why his thread likely isn't busier.

I feel ya, just trying to get some more info on this kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad