LD Shakir Mukhamadullin (2020, 20th, NJD; traded to SJS)

FrankGallagher

Oct 6, 2015
Shakir Mukhamidulin is one of the top Russian defenceman in his age group, and has started the year getting games for his KHL team. Has been a standout at international events and played up with the 2001’s at last years u18s. Plays MHL with Amirov and Pashin. Mukhamidullin is a lanky defenceman with excellent skating ability and very little panic in his game. He is one to watch for this season with first round upside.

Shakir Mukhamadullin at eliteprospects.com

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Watched him in couple of games in preseason against KHL teams and he looked solid defensively for his age. Didn’t have enough time to look more careful at his skating and skills with puck, but I think that his floor is high enough to be at least drafted in one of first three rounds.

Reactions: Colin226

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've watched this guy play over five times now, and I can't say I've ever thought he played well. I didn't even make a mental note that he's considered a real prospect until he started getting some hype here.

He's big, skates well and can defend adequately, but his hockey IQ is questionable, he doesn't move the puck well and he doesn't have any offense in his game. I would not pick this player in the first few rounds.

Reactions: Dr Salt

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If I’m rooting for any player from this draft to have an illustrious Career, it is this guy (aside from Stutzle when the wild draft him). Holy poop that is an amazing name.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Eh, I'm not too big a fan of his. I probably wouldn't take him in the first 3 rounds, but I expect he'll get picked higher than that.

I like Nikishin more for Russian D but I expect Mukhamadullin to go much higher. He's younger, less physically developed and scouts have seen him alot more because of his vast international experience.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Russian teams are normally patient with their young defenceman, and it is rare to see an NHL draft-eligible defenceman, especially one in his 17-year-old season get much ice time in the KHL. While Shakir Mukhamadullin did not play big minutes for Salavat Yulayev in the KHL, the very fact he got 27 games and two playoff games is impressive. He put up two points in that time. Mukhamadullin was also part of their squad at the Spengler Cup. In addition, he played 1 game in the VHL, Russia’s second-highest men’s League. Mukhamadullin did most of his damage in the MHL though, the Russian Under-20 league. In 13 games he scored two goals and eight assists for 10 points.

Mukhamadullin has also thrived on the international stage. He was part of the Russian team at the 2018 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, winning gold. He was also part of the gold medal-winning team at the 2019 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, and the silver medal-winning team at the 2019 IIHF Under 18 World Championship. Mukhamadullin scored the game-winning goal, in double overtime, giving Russia their first-ever tournament win at the 2019 World Junior A Challenge.

Shakir Mukhamadullin Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad