LD Sean Day (2016, 81st, NYR) II

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sorry,my mistake, he's a hard guy to keep track of when it comes to what country he hopes to represent this week.

Team U.S.A it is then.................I guess.

He switched to the USA after getting kicked off the Canadian team at the Hlinka his draft year.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Sorry,my mistake, he's a hard guy to keep track of when it comes to what country he hopes to represent this week.

Team U.S.A it is then.................I guess.

He didn't make Team Canada and then verbally committed to Team USA for the future.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Which means not much with Day if he should fail to make Team U.S.A next year.

Correct. It's just that I think he pretty much said that since he has the option of being able to be on either Team Canada or Team USA, AFAIK, he decided he's choosing Team USA for the future.

Whether he makes it or not in any point of the future...that is yet to be seen.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That being said, I think Day has really progressed since being with the Spits. While he slowed down with his points scoring in the second half of the season, he still displayed signs of improvement and confidence. His skating will really get him far. Probably could still use some physical conditioning, but that's normally.

Will be interesting to see what happens once he goes to Hartford and is within regular reach of the Rangers staff.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
That being said, I think Day has really progressed since being with the Spits. While he slowed down with his points scoring in the second half of the season, he still displayed signs of improvement and confidence. His skating will really get him far. Probably could still use some physical conditioning, but that's normally.

Will be interesting to see what happens once he goes to Hartford and is within regular reach of the Rangers staff.

Well hope he's not in a rush Hartford is a mess, completely mishandled Kovacs this year.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Well hope he's not in a rush Hartford is a mess, completely mishandled Kovacs this year.

Well, Kenny G got fired and Drury got named GM. Rangers apparently invited Filip Pesan to their development camp, so I wonder if he'll be named HC. He's a good young mind, and I think Gorton is interested in setting up Hartford within the next year or so to be in a better place.

Results are still to be seen, of course, but I think it's a good start to revamping the team environment.

As for Kovacs, I think he was mishandled, but I also think that it's not that cut-and-dry.

Day will likely be in a good situation whenever he lands in Hartford.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Well, Kenny G got fired and Drury got named GM. Rangers apparently invited Filip Pesan to their development camp, so I wonder if he'll be named HC. He's a good young mind, and I think Gorton is interested in setting up Hartford within the next year or so to be in a better place.

Results are still to be seen, of course, but I think it's a good start to revamping the team environment.

As for Kovacs, I think he was mishandled, but I also think that it's not that cut-and-dry.

Day will likely be in a good situation whenever he lands in Hartford.

Kovacs was 75% mishandled, 25% transition from Europe. Hoping for a strong rebound!!

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Defensemen who can skate the puck are the way the game is going. But then again, to be a successful puck mover you need the IQ too.

I find Day to be a very interesting prospect, definitely one of the bigger boom/busts in recent memory (out of the 1st round).

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
No.

A player that was cut at the summer camp, and not invited to the December camp, didn't almost make the team.

And he deserved to be at the December Camp.

Based on what the roster should've been and not the insane preferences towards college players over junior players, Day should've been very close to making last year's team.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And he deserved to be at the December Camp.

Based on what the roster should've been and not the insane preferences towards college players over junior players, Day should've been very close to making last year's team.

Team USA went unbeaten at the tournament, I think it is about time we stop criticizing the team they put together. It is simply put the most impressive team USA they have brought in terms of the result produced.

I remain a huge fan of Day though. I hope he can find a way to make the team. He has humongous potential if he really does hit.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The fact that everyone forgot about this thread since May 29, 2017 should tell you all you need to know.
Eh. From all reports I've seen, he's pretty much been doing well. Lack of thread attention isn't really the be all end all for performance.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Eh. From all reports I've seen, he's pretty much been doing well. Lack of thread attention isn't really the be all end all for performance.
No, but on a site and forum dedicated to prospects..it's telling.
There's a lot of people that attend and scout games that post here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's scoring more. At the prospect camp, he didn't look a ton different than last season.

I haven't seen any of his games this season. He's a very good junior player now. He should have an eventual chance to make the NHL. He's no sure thing, but he's probably batted average or a little better since being drafted.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
The fact that everyone forgot about this thread since May 29, 2017 should tell you all you need to know.

Or rangers fans dont sit and cheastbeat their prospects. Mostly people come in and bash prospects, like Strome.

Noone here is talking about Roslovic who is on fire in AHL, or Merkley who is PPG as a first year AHLer etc etc.

Reactions: Killerjas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad