Prospect Info: LD Rushan Rafikov (2013 NHL Draft — 7th Round, 187th Overall)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Maybe nothing here — and original thread was full of nonsense so I started a new one. But in looking at the Flames' organization on CapFriendly he is still listed as on their reserve list.

Ordinarily the tendency is to write that off as mere bookkeeping. And given the depth of the Calgary defense corps this might be moot.

But as a 24-year-old (just turned 25) he was the leading scorer amongst defensemen for Yaroslavl Locomotiv in the KHL. Incidentally the club was coached by Craig MacTavish and later Mike Pellino.

Further, in addition to former Oilers Anton Lander, Ty Rattie and Magnus Paajarvi, the club also had former Flames Jakub Nakladal and Staffan Kronwall on defense.

With several Flames defensemen as UFA's was wondering if there is a fit for Rafikov, either in Calgary or Stockton?

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Rafikov will remain on the Flames reserve list (he was actually drafted, and with no transfer agreement between NHL and KHL, his rights will remain with the Flames indefinitely). He's shown improvement, but I doubt he comes over to the NHL unless he's guaranteed an NHL spot. If he has a year or two as like, one of the top KHL D, he might be able to get a 1 year NHL contract, but I doubt it.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
A few seasons ago, Treliving said the Rafikov stalled. If he's kick started again, great, but there has never seemingly been any evidence he has been interested in coming to North America.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->