LD Riley Stillman (2016, 114th, FLA; traded to CHI)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Noticed that there is not yet a thread for Stillman so I thought I would create one.

IMO, Stillman has been one of the OHL's most improved players over the course of this season. He's gone from receiving little ice time, to earning a letter (an 'A') as a rookie. He's averaging just over 0.5 ppg over the last three months and has been a stand out nearly every time I've seen Oshawa play lately.

He doesn't have terrific size, but he plays much larger than his 6'0 frame would suggest. Has become one of the OHL's best open ice hitters and seems to really relish in the opportunity to mix it up physically. His offensive game and confidence grows by the game too.

Honestly, at this point, I think he could easily be a top 75 selection come June if he continues his strong play and earns a spot on the Canadian Under 18 team.

I had the chance to speak with him for a while yesterday and I came away incredibly impressed with him as a person too. Very well grounded and it's easy to see why Oshawa has put him in a leadership position this early in his career. I'll have an article out on him (including the Q & A) tomorrow.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good to see. I remember seeing him (along with Josh Wesley) when he played in a house/rec league in Raleigh when he was 6 or 7, back when Cory was playing with the Canes. Was small, but talented even back then.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
I've noticed him in a couple of Oshawa games. Seems like a well-rounded, good sized (even though is he 6'0 he looks thick), two-way, defenceman. Wearing an A in his 2nd year is maybe the most impressing thing for me.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Picked up another assist tonight. Does he look like a NHLer to you? What is his potential? Top 4 defender? Top 6?

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Picked up another assist tonight. Does he look like a NHLer to you? What is his potential? Top 4 defender? Top 6?
He looks solid. Should be in the AHL still IMO. But he doesn't look out of place. Having Stralman is nice for him. Has had a couple turnovers but has been a positive so far. His physicality is great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad