LD Rasmus Sandin - Rogle BK, SHL (2018, 29th, TOR)

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I hope the Flyers take him at 19 so they can terrorize the NHL in 2-3 years with a D core that features...

Provorov
Gostisbehere
Sanheim
Myers
Sandin
Morin
Hagg

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Interested this thread isn't as popular as other prospects since he's a late 1st rounder.

Flyers, leafs obvious fits.

31 thoughts podcast this week said that due to Rogle having his rights and he's on loan right now, he's AHL eligible next year. Could be another interesting factor for his draft

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
At least half of them aren't going to pan.
Well there’s 7 dmen listed, Provy and Ghost are already top pair dmen. Sanheim is already an NHLer. So that’s 3 of 7 already panned out. Not a fan of Morin/Sandin/Hagg but I still see them as bottom pairing dmen at the least. Then there’s Myers who I like who can be a top 4 dmen...

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At least half of them aren't going to pan.

Provorov and Ghost already have

Sanheim will be in the top 4 next season

Myers was fantastic in his first AHL season and will be NHL ready before the end of next season.

None of those have/will have busted

Hagg is a nothing more than a 6/7

Morin just lost basically his entire season to injuries after just missing the cut on making the team out of camp. We will have to wait and see on him. He is out until Feb 2019.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Disagre with the last part.

Kid is one of the best puck movers in the OHL. Hockey sense is high-end and he puts it on the tape almost every time. Talented kid too.

Reminds me a lot of Will Butcher.
I think the Devils will look for more upside at 17 unless they trade down but big fan of Sandin and I thought the same thing about Butcher while watching Sandin's highlights. You can still be a strong puck mover without being fast. And guys like this are smarter with their stick and angles because they don't have the speed to make up for mistakes. Lacks a big shot but good at creating passing lanes. They look like the same player.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I'd stay away from him in the 1st round.
So far you've done nothing but make me question your opinions... First Berggren and now Sandin? I highly doubt one of them will fail expectations let alone both of them.

We'll see in a couple years, but I will definitely remember this considering I'm very high on both of those players.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
So far you've done nothing but make me question your opinions... First Berggren and now Sandin? I highly doubt one of them will fail expectations let alone both of them.

We'll see in a couple years, but I will definitely remember this considering I'm very high on both of those players.

I think Berggren should be a late 1st rounder and that’s pretty high no? Bob Mckenzies 10 scouts had him well out of the 1st round. As for Sandin, no i’m not particularly high on him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Reminds me a lot of Travis Dermott. His production this year was very good as well despite limited PP time. Hopefully he can go back to the Soo, and lead that defense in a bigger role.

Solid pick, and got the 76th Overall Pick on top of it to boot.

Reactions: Morgs

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Welcome to the Leafs, Rasmus.

Prepare for this thread to blow up with Leafs fans over-valuing Rasmus and fans of all other teams coming in here to talk about how terrible he is.

This isn't the sexy pick that Leafs fans have become accustomed to the last few years but that comes with not being a bottom feeder anymore.

Rasmus reminds me a lot of Travis Dermott and Vince Dunn. I would like to see him on a similar development path as those two who have quickly both become solid NHLers considering their age.

Would like to see him back with SSM in the OHL next season and join the Marlies the following season. The beauty of him being on loan from Rogle is that he can join the Marlies earlier than if he was drafted out of the CHL. Very nice pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad