LD Rasmus Dahlin - Frolunda HC, SHL (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That's a bit puzzling. Who on earth would pick Hischier over Dahlin? Assuming both are draft age.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I kind of thought the same thing when he was talking on the podcast. I'd have taken Dahlin over Hischier in that draft class, personally.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

NHL Prospects Watcher @Prospects_Watch

McKenzie on Rasmus Dahlin: "Whether it is Hedman, Karlsson or Lidstrom, none of them did the things at age 17, 18 that he has. Figure it out from there."
7:36 PM - Jun 18, 2018 · Montréal, Québec
The problem I have with THESE statements is the fact that:

"Whether it is Hedman, Karlsson or Lidstrom, none of them did the things at age 17, 18 that Adam Larsson has. Figure it out from there." is also correct.

Development isn't linear.

"Erik Karlsson wasn't as good at age 18 than defenseman X" will eventually become a meme.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Dahlin will be a #1 D man in the NHL. If he reaches the potential opined by many, even better. But there can be no denying at the very least, the Sabres are getting a franchise defenseman.
With that said, the Buffalo Sabres are going to be a power house in 2 to 3 years if they can get the wingers they need. They may have finished last, but just look at the talent they've accumulated. It's not exactly pushover. That team is trending upwards, and in a big way.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Hype train is in full swing here, yeesh.

Poor kid doesn't stand a chance to live up to expectations.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Some people said that about McDavid too.

You're making my point for me - do people honestly think he's as good as McDavid, the best young player in the NHL?

By putting him on that tier before he's even stepped on the ice you're putting incredible expectations on him.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
You're making my point for me - do people honestly think he's as good as McDavid, the best young player in the NHL?

By putting him on that tier before he's even stepped on the ice you're putting incredible expectations on him.

No one thinks he's as good as McDavid, but he is a McDavid level prospect relative to his peers when it comes to defense.

Reactions: Awebz and Kyndig

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
No one thinks he's as good as McDavid, but he is a McDavid level prospect relative to his peers when it comes to defense.
Actually, when I say that he's not as good of a prospect as McDavid in our very own prospect thread, I get an average of 5 posters per comment quoting me to contend the point. And I just waded back in there today to find the claim that he could be the best prospect since Gretzky completely untouched and uncontested by anyone over the last 24 hours.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Actually, when I say that he's not as good of a prospect as McDavid in our very own prospect thread, I get an average of 5 posters per comment quoting me to contend the point. And I just waded back in there today to find the claim that he could be the best prospect since Gretzky completely untouched and uncontested by anyone over the last 24 hours.

Ya our board is three loud mouths and every follows there opinion so it’s not surprising.

Reactions: DanM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad