LD Rasmus Dahlin (2018, 1st, BUF) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Try watching him sometime maybe? In terms of carrying the puck and being as dynamic as he is at his age, yeah he's one of the best D prospects we've ever seen.

While there might be some over-hype and unrealistic expectations, pretty sure you were the one who said he has almost no shot as 40 points as a rookie. Which I disagree with. Aaron Ekblad did it 3 years ago. You seem to be the one setting the bar too low on the opposite end.

I never said he had no shot at 40 points. It's possible if he gets a lot of PP time and the team is productive with the man advantage. I did say I don't believe he will win the Norris in his rookie season. I also think he's in tough for the Calder and believe comparing him to Orr, saying he's "generational", and saying his skill set is "unique" is a bit much.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
“Nikolas Listrom and Karlsson’s angry love child”

“Bobby Orr”

I agree he’s an absolutely fantastic young player (I’m not even going to call him a prospect I think he’s already so good) ... but can we pump the brakes just a bit?

Bobby Orr is the best Dman to ever lace up skates and you gotta put Dahlin in the same sentence when he hasn’t even played in a pre-season game.
There will be growing pains, he’s only 18 after all.

Reactions: Ookhaab

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Funny...Crosby still managed to garner plenty of attention and hype in the draft the year before Johnson's. EJ never got that hype because he was never anywhere near as good a prospect as Dahlin.

I think you guys are focusing on semantics rather than the real possibility that he's not some out of the gate norris winner like this site thinks.

Reactions: MendelMu

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I think you guys are focusing on semantics rather than the real possibility that he's not some out of the gate norris winner like this site thinks.
Do you win Norris with 40 points? or 20points wich most seem to think he will get.

But i would not compare him with anyone. He plays like Dahlin and how far that will take him nobody knows. He will be fun to watch but how effective he will be we dont know.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
He held a party last weekend, not sure if it was a late birthday party or celebrating his draft. But how does Dahlin party? By renting the local mini rink and playing inline hockey of course. A couple of SHL players attended, so the level of competition was probably pretty high.

This summer he has rented the hockey rink a couple of days a week. Something that has been impossible for the local club since the figure skating club has all summer booked. But Rasmus got the time between 22.00 and 23.00. Which means he will personally have to pay the people working at the rink overtime money. But I guess he can afford that now.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
He held a party last weekend, not sure if it was a late birthday party or celebrating his draft. But how does Dahlin party? By renting the local mini rink and playing inline hockey of course. A couple of SHL players attended, so the level of competition was probably pretty high.

This summer he has rented the hockey rink a couple of days a week. Something that has been impossible for the local club since the figure skating club has all summer booked. But Rasmus got the time between 22.00 and 23.00. Which means he will personally have to pay the people working at the rink overtime money. But I guess he can afford that now.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Dahlin is nothing like Erik Johnson. He actually reminds me most of a young, Ray Bourque coming out of of Verdun. Ray used to go coast to coast and stickhandle like nobody's business. He controlled the entire tempo of the game from the backend. Nobody will be Orr, but Dahlin is more dynamic than Doughty at the same age. And he's 6-3.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Dahlin is nothing like Erik Johnson. He actually reminds me most of a young, Ray Bourque coming out of of Verdun. Ray used to go coast to coast and stickhandle like nobody's business. He controlled the entire tempo of the game from the backend. Nobody will be Orr, but Dahlin is more dynamic than Doughty at the same age. And he's 6-3.

When he fills out... With that agility and reach, him cruising around at 210-215 lbs is a real problem for other teams.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017

How do you know about his life so much? Stalker? (Lol kidding).

Cool info.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
A good (but not great) rookie season for Dahlin would be to beat Ekblad’s rookie year.
Elite Prospects - NHL Stats All-time season

Ekblad's rookie season was exceptional. It's the third highest scoring season all time for an 18 year old defenseman (U19). Only Phil Housley and Bobby Orr has scored more at the same age.

I don't think Dahlin will put up more points than Ekblad in his first season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
You guys just don't get it. There are no comparables for Dahlin. There is no precedent.
I really wonder about that. Many players who like to perform such dangleronis become quite neutered when none of their stuff works anymore in NHL. If that ends up being the case for him, he could become surprisingly disappointing.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I really wonder about that. Many players who like to perform such dangleronis become quite neutered when none of their stuff works anymore in NHL. If that ends up being the case for him, he could become surprisingly disappointing.
Good thing Dahlin still has the other 95% of his game if that's the case.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Good thing Dahlin still has the other 95% of his game if that's the case.
He does but well, I wonder how much his effectiveness would be hurt. We have to remember that his shot for instance isn't world class.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014

Lol..... First time watching prospects I take it?

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Having watched a few of his games in Sweden last year, I'd like to know the answer to this as well. Nothing I saw screamed "the next best thing" to me.

Please someone, educate me.
Holy crap! Did you watch a whole ‘few of his games’? Stand back everyone! This guy’s authority is unassailable. Go on. Just how average is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad